1976 Datsun 620 Long Box Sport Truck

rusty_67

Hi There,

I'm new to Datsun's and recently picked up a 1976 Datsun 620 to fix up for a friend.  Its a long box, and has the sport truck decal on the hood.  I'm not sure what that means, maybe someone on here can enlighten me?  Its a 2.0L 4spd, seems to run/shift well.  Brakes need work and has some rust issues.  Needs new rockers and drivers floor pan for sure.  Picked it up for $950

DSC_0314.JPGDSC_0315.JPGDSC_0316.JPG

DSC_0318.JPGDSC_0319.JPG

DSC_0320.JPG

• Like 2
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good question. Imma check when I get back to CL. I will eventually restore the truck, put an air suspension and perhaps give it its original color

Nice, this one is just going to be: get rid of the rust, paint it, fix anything that needs fixing, and drive.  Hopefully be on the road in the spring.

• Like 1

75truckgrill.jpg

Ha ha this is a '76. It on a farm/wrecking yard just of the Trans Canada. All '75-'78 had the same engine and differential so nothing special performance wise. 'The '79 standards had 4.11s in them and the 5 speed was an option from '77 on. Just enjoy it.

• Like 1

Dude at least you still got cab mounts yeah?

The Frame mount is in good shape,  but I'm guessing there should be a bit more on the body side, if any one has a picture of the bottom side of the cab mount area (front and back) that'd be great, I'm going to have to fab something up.

• Like 1

75truckgrill.jpg

Ha ha this is a '76. It on a farm/wrecking yard just of the Trans Canada. All '75-'78 had the same engine and differential so nothing special performance wise. 'The '79 standards had 4.11s in them and the 5 speed was an option from '77 on. Just enjoy it.

So that's a fourth Canadian truck.  Yeah I didn't think it would be anything performance wise, but kinf of wondering if it was a dealer add-on?  and maybe they all came from the same dealer?  I was told this truck had a camper on it most of its life.  Maybe it was a dealer that specialized in 'camper special' datsuns and they rolled off the lots with decals and camper, it seems that this one has dealer added tie downs (one at the front of the box and one on the bumper).  My 72 gmc is the custom camper edition, dealer added tie downs, front spare tire holder, camper wiring, oh and a camper.  I like to find out the how and why of these kind of things, gives the truck a bit more history.  More of a story to tell.  

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Hi There,

I'm new to Datsun's and recently picked up a 1976 Datsun 620 to fix up for a friend.  Its a long box, and has the sport truck decal on the hood.  I'm not sure what that means, maybe someone on here can enlighten me?  Its a 2.0L 4spd, seems to run/shift well.  Brakes need work and has some rust issues.  Needs new rockers and drivers floor pan for sure.  Picked it up for $950

DSC_0314.JPGDSC_0315.JPGDSC_0316.JPG

DSC_0318.JPGDSC_0319.JPG

DSC_0320.JPG

I like it....wish one of mine was a long bed. We have a 71' Westfalia in the family fleet....saw ur vee-dubs.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Welcome, glad to see more ratty BC stuff on here! Love the sport trucks

Thanks Matty,

I like your tow vehicle.  I've got a couple of those myself.  I've been building a '71 GMC for the past 2.5 years or so, its about 90% done, hopefully have it on the road this summer.   Also have a '72 I use as my work horse. Those trucks are my true love.  

Russ

Your floors looked a lot like mine when I got my truck. I cut mine out and put a piece of stainless, so I don't have to worry about it rusting out again. After that I went over the entire floor with POR-15. That stuff works really good. Looks good! Good job!

• Like 1