710 returns to the motherland gaijin ( Midlife crisis build )

Parts hunting is going nowhere fast. Plus having to upload photos ONE by ONE to photobucket (which is still not working for me) then copy each code One by One is really a pain in the ass. I am not going to be posting pictures anytime soon.

I will be removing the the ugly rubbers in the rear bumper then sandblasting all the chrome off and welding up some scraps to make the bumper one nice smooth piece just like it was meant to be :)

I will be doing the same treatment to the front

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

It's been awhile since I've had any real update.

I can't find any paint stripper that actually strips paint and not just cash out of my pocket. I've tried sanding a bit and throwing more paint stripper to it and nothing. Started media blasting and compressor went down so I went to look for another one laying around and WALA! I found a couple little ones laying around the shop and will have them installed this week.

image-113.jpg

image-114.jpg

I have been collecting parts for the 710 from everywhere around the world except here in Japan! Kinda though I'd have most of the stuff I need here but no luck. Got some NOS fuse panel and cover from Kuwait some emblems from Cali.

The only thing I've been able to get here is wheels so I've been making good use if the opportunity :)

image-115.jpg

image-109.jpg

image-108.jpg

image-107.jpg

I like the way these look I might do something like it

image-112.jpg

image-108.jpg

Messing around with the ssr mesh :)

image-116.jpg

Going to actually make 4 clock from the faces on "down time"

Hopefully soon I can actually have some real updates on the build. Getting past a few projects in the factory and I should have some time in the next couple months on.

• Like 2

I've done some jobs with the wire but if you seen how the glass is on the 710 under the trim the glass is recessed into the body so the wire would have to do a 2 "magical" 90 degree turns to make it work. I guess it goes without saying but I am in search of a windshield :)

610s are the same way go invest in a set of cheap guitar strings use one of the 3 larger ones so it acts as a saw blade and cut into the sealent with a knife till you can get the guitar string threw then one person in the car one out of the car just gently saw away at the sealent it will come out in one piece next time 

• Like 1

Nice! Following. Pretty cool to bring one from here back there and looks like a really clean starting point.

Thanks. I wish it was in a little better shape, a bunch of pieces are so brittle that I can't put them back on. I'm just gathering pieces for now and this week my compressor should finally be installed,the electrician just finished hooking up all the electronics and getting some new hoses and pipe installed so I can connect anywhere in the shop without needing a single 100 ft line.

I hope I can find a bunch of goodies at nostalgic 2days at the end if the month for the build and make some connections :)

Haha it's all good chelu I was just messing around :)

Yeah grew up back and forth between Guam and Hawaii im from Santa Rita

The Quintanilla and the wolfords in toto. I'm just waiting for all the plumbing to be connected on my compressor so I can start the media blasting and get this project moving again. In the mean time it's just parts hunting and tracking down all the things for the motor swap.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the rear glass:

http://www.newautoparts.com/nissan/oe-nissan/79713k1300

Assuming I searched for right part, 710S hardtop, right? PM if you need more part codes

or if it was the windshield:

http://www.nissanpartszone.com/parts/nissan-glass-windshld~72613-k2101.html

Thanks atomic but I have a coupe. I just placed an order for a parts catalog so I can check all part numbers I need

So... um.. I haven't been following this build at all. WTF. This is awesome. Got my eye on it now ;)

Thanks man slow progress but it's always moving. Finally got the electrical and plumbing all hooked up on the new compressor. I am able to continue the media blasting and move forward with the project. Still parts hunting (apparently I'm a shitty hunter) when it comes to 710 parts lol but I did manage to find another set if wheels in the meantime :)

image_16.jpg

image_19.jpg

• Like 5