Draynor's Starlet

So...A buddy of mine mentioned that he saw what looks like a starlet in someones driveway 15 miles from my place, I didnt think much of it, thought it was probably just a dodge champ or an omni lol (Happened to me before).

But a couple weeks ago I asked him to send me the address to that house, looked it up on google and what do you know, there is a starlet there!!!

So that Saturday a buddy of mine drove me to the house. Get there and asked the guy if he would sell it, long story short he said yes, $300!!!!!!!

After paying the man and calling a tow truck, I am now a proud owner of a 82 Starlet!!!

I also scored a TE72 2 door corolla from a neihbor for $250! But that was sold shortly after the Starlet came home...

CAM00166_zpslwyfeft4.jpg

The PO said it had carb problems and he has a rebuilt carb for it. He never found it so I decided to try and make it run.

Put gas in, tried to start it, would idle for only 5 seconds. So cleaned the tank out, cleaned the lines out, new fuel filter, and some fresh gas and she fired right up and idled fine. Also everything worked right off the bat besides the heater lol.

It is now my daily while I do work to the 510. Not sure how im gonna go with this build yet, but I have some ideas...

CAM00213_zpsmgljk7yo.jpg

CAM00212_zpsrr3didv8.jpg

CAM00214_zpsoydiefts.jpg

CAM00215_zpstnjvpv8m.jpg

10363479_756135831126423_891504725342414

• Like 4
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...