JDM seats

edekalil

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

These are the seats.Screenshot_2014-11-23-08-40-29.png

They are going for 238.00 , I'm just trying to keep some cost down but you know the old you get what you pay for thing. Sorry for not posting a pic. The old 510 seats you sit so high up in and they are not that comfortable. It's also hard to get time these days to get to any junk yards, they are mostly crushing everything down here these days. Just wondering if anyone has used these type seats and where they worth buying or is it better to stay away from them. I will not be using the car as a daily driver so they would see limited use. Thanks for any info.

Those seats are garbage. Not trying to be a dick but this is about both comfort and safety.

If you had those in your car and got rear ended hard, you would likely not survive with the ability to walk still intact.

In addition to not being able to drive for more than 40 minutes comfortably.

I am speaking from experience.

Uncomfortable and non-supportive... because (fake) racecar!

Avoid the "racecar" seats unless they are the real deal. And real race seats are NOT cheap! While uncomfortable, at least they are supportive. Maybe I am just getting old, but if I have to drive it daily, comfort rules over everything else.

• Like 1

The problem with most stock seats, especially ones that are comfortable; is that they weigh a ton.

Especially in the post-seat-airbag era...

Miata seats aren't too heavy...

And real race seats are NOT cheap! While uncomfortable, at least they are supportive. 

Not too sound like a broken record, but these are relatively cheap ($300~) and are surprising comfortable...

Corbeau FX1

127670-lg.jpg

• Like 1

I came to a perfect trade off and I virtually stole them. I paid $300 for these, and they were reupholstered with only a year of use on them before he stored them for ten years.

They are Recaro LX-B, great seat, not heavy and you can drive in them for HOURS, Mine have the ortho headrests that tilt forward. The new version would be the Recaro Expert, they are not cheap though. one is like a set of Corbeaus.

7CEACC68-EC5D-476E-8084-3C3D6A811281_zps

• Like 1

20140619_213429.jpg

20140731_180614.jpg

Try a set of 2007 Hyundai Tiburon Leather Seats $ 50.00 ea. from the wrecking yard

Super Comfortable.

Even with the side restraint air bags in them.

Good deal. I went and bought the cheep seats at this time. And I know they are crap as far as quality or comfort. I may not even use them. I need to get to a junk yard and get some real seats out of a real car. I just want them to be black. I do not plan to drive the car as a dd. I do have a set of 240z seats that are in decent shape, I will have to pull them out and look at them, I will post a pic when I get back in a week. I know they are more comfortable than my stock seats. And I believe I can sit a little lower in the car.
  • 2 weeks later...

I dunno about so-called JDM, but if I could ever find some of those premium wool seats out of the sold in Japan only Toyota Century for cheap, I'll take them!

If you want a comfy sports car seat look in junk yards for the Recaro seats from a Pontiac Trans Am. The ones I had in mine were awesome!

These were used from 82-91

100_0202.jpg

These were used from 1993-2002.

p1010141.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I'm with Datsunfreak and the Corbeau seats. Maybe not for a cross country trip, but who would do that in a 510 anyways? It's like riding a Ducati 998 from San Fran to Seattle...Back breaking on the freeway, but fun as hell in the twists...and then you don't care anymore!!

I came to a perfect trade off and I virtually stole them. I paid $300 for these, and they were reupholstered with only a year of use on them before he stored them for ten years.

They are Recaro LX-B, great seat, not heavy and you can drive in them for HOURS, Mine have the ortho headrests that tilt forward. The new version would be the Recaro Expert, they are not cheap though. one is like a set of Corbeaus.

7CEACC68-EC5D-476E-8084-3C3D6A811281_zps

I dunno about so-called JDM, but if I could ever find some of those premium wool seats out of the sold in Japan only Toyota Century for cheap, I'll take them!

If you want a comfy sports car seat look in junk yards for the Recaro seats from a Pontiac Trans Am. The ones I had in mine were awesome!

These were used from 82-91

100_0202.jpg

These were used from 1993-2002.

ooooooh, so much want!

• Like 1

14828173-A538-4132-9CE9-262CD9606DF5_zps

As requested. I have a couple who will reupholster for price that made these worth it. Just debating if I want to get them done in white to match interior...or follow through switch my doorcards, rear seats etc to black

I had planned on checking out some 260/280z as well as the rx7 seats but I found these to be great enough that I bought them on the spot. They are out of a 912

The guy who owned them had the 912 style porsche i think. He had plans to re use for his own car but had some James dean style seats or somthing that were in better condition he planned to use. I haven't looked much but I've had one quote of 675 for labor to do pair, plus materials. I paid 175 for the pair but I'm having a tough time committing. They are very nice seats but I'm thinking about getting my stock white seats all fixed up...saves converting the rest of the interior. Big job since it's all new to me...I want car to be presentable for canby and still have a somewhat lengthy to do list on the datsun.

I will most likely sell these. I have commitment issues. lol.

Thanks for the heads up. My dad had it privately done on the lower half his sierra 1500. Power leather seat and it was 500. In vinyl and it doesn't match the leather very well either. Maybe I will branch out to a public business.

If anyone in the Fraser valley has recommendations or experience to share, would be very appreciated