1985 Nissan Sentra 5-spd, Weber 32/36

Hey all, here's my 85' Sentra I've owned for about two years now. Got it at a auction, one owner car before me, all original, not mint but pretty darn good for it's age! I love this car, really fun for what it is. The only mods I've done to it is KYB shocks/struts, new tires, cleaned it up and polished the paint, factory carb starting having issues so I ditched it for a Weber 32/36, that was a good improvement over stock. Anyways onto the pics!

DSC05952_zps637d2b59.jpg[/url]

DSC05953_zps81691862.jpg

DSC05954_zps9f43d43a.jpg

DSC05955_zps03be2527.jpg

DSC05956_zpsc0d402ac.jpg

DSC05957_zps7039ccaf.jpg

DSC05958_zps377c78e9.jpg

DSC05959_zpsb4e36910.jpg

DSC05960_zps46753d8e.jpg

DSC05961_zps6005320a.jpg

DSC05962_zps6c819990.jpg

DSC05963_zps40dd2be7.jpg

DSC05964_zps9f822eaf.jpg

DSC05965_zpsf026d4c6.jpg

DSC05966_zps5d81285d.jpg

DSC05967_zpsef15c69e.jpg

DSC05968_zpsc68a2c38.jpg

DSC05969_zps27cefa49.jpg[/url]

DSC05970_zps25719732.jpg

DSC05971_zpsda293d78.jpg

DSC05972_zpsd65f68d7.jpg

DSC05973_zps7cd59eed.jpg

DSC05974_zps284ca7b5.jpg

DSC05975_zps504f0841.jpg

[url=http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll311/RC_Addict/Nissan%20Sentra/DSC05976_zps9054f5d3.jpghttp://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll311/RC_Addict/Nissan%20Sentra/DSC05976_zps9054f5d3.jpg[/img

• Like 3
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice ride.  Hows the fuel mpg before and after?  What do you have the elbow fitting on the bottom of the carb hooked up to?  Does that not hook up to the v/c where you have the breather element?

thanks, mpg is the same as before or slightly more when I keep my foot out of it, That runs to the EGR, and no there used to be a hose running from the v/c to the bottom of the factory air cleaner assembly.

Nice ride.  Hows the fuel mpg before and after?  What do you have the elbow fitting on the bottom of the carb hooked up to?  Does that not hook up to the v/c where you have the breather element?

thanks, mpg is the same as before or slightly more when I keep my foot out of it, That runs to the EGR, and no there used to be a hose running from the v/c to the bottom of the factory air cleaner assembly.

What? The EGR uses hot inert exhaust gasses. Filtered air will add oxygen and the engine will run severely lean during times of EGR. You must mean something else.

The valve cover hose should run to the elbow under the new air filter. It will work that way but at times air flow can reverse and smells escape and get into the cab.

Nice Sentra!  You need to ditch the rest of those vacuum lines now that you have the Weber.  Only need one going to the vacuum advance on the distributor, if so equipped.  And a breather line from the valve cover like Mike said.

• 6 months later...

I hate to bring up an old thread but can anyone or someone tell me what vacuum line he used to hook up the weber carb on the vacuum advance port? I see he has an electronic distributor just like mine. I know typically with the older distributors you just hook up the vacuum from the distributor to the vacuum advance port, but we don't have that vacuum line since is our distributor is the electronic style. I have extensively researched and this thread is as close as i can get to answering my question!

Thanks in advance for the help!!!

All distributors after '77 were electronic (or without points) with high output. I don't see a vacuum advance on the distributor either, which is odd. If there isn't one then there's no hose to the carb either. Send the owner a private message asking him? EFI vehicles don't use vacuum advance... the ECU computes an advance based on sensor input and the CAS (crank angle sensor).

Yeah i will have to PM him, I downloaded all those pictures and did some CSI stuff, unfortunately i don't have the 'enhance' feature like CSI so the pics get pretty pixilated when zooming in lol. Looks like he left the vacuum advance open and left majority of the vacuum lines still there. I think I am just going to wing it and just bolt the carb on and just hope it works! I'll start off with everything plugged and see how it goes.

Alrighty, ill go ahead and explain what i did so its not a dead end thread. I bolted the carb on, ran my fuel line from the fuel filter to the carb. I Capped the other fuel lines off. I found a 12v keyed ignition source for the choke. Any and all other vacuum lines that were attached to the old carb are now capped off. Did not use a single one! I imagine ill clean them all out of there to clean up under the hood. The vacuum advance port on the carb was capped off as well, so literally their is two connections for this carb to run! fuel and the automatic choke. Could not get any easier!

Now keep in mind this is purely for the guys that have 1.6 and have the distributor that as no vacuums attached to it. (vacuum advance from the distributor) 

Runs like a dream, I still need to figure out if I want to plumb in the oil breather on top of the valve cover or just run a smaller filter and let it be. 

I will say right off the bat i can think of a con to this carb and that is the dieseling after you shut the car off. it tries for maybe 2-3 seconds to keep running, really not a big deal.

I appreciate the help datznmike!

I will say right off the bat i can think of a con to this carb and that is the dieseling after you shut the car off. it tries for maybe 2-3 seconds to keep running

That's probably not the carb's fault. Dieseling is typically caused by your fuel/air mixture being off. May need to lean it out a bit?

And most Datsun guys are experts at the "clutch kill.   :rofl:

If you're not, that's where you park in first gear, right foot on the brake, left foot on the clutch, and let the clutch out at the same time as you turn the engine off.