Roadster air box fitting to a 510 with su carbs

Air horns are slightly larger. If that will make much difference I can use a stronge epoxy to build and resize the air horn bore to match. I am planning on fiddling with this over the weekend. Closing the gap that exists on the mounting measurements. Likely cutting the mounting area and sliding inward then weld, detail grind and clean up repair. Wow, this should be easy. I don't think I will cut spot welds and seperate all parts. Just cut through both layers as a unit. This will move the horns inward a little over a 16th. Can't imagine this to make much difference. Please correct me if you have a better idea.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nuclear water boy, thanks for your offer and I may take you up on that. I found shorter bleed nipples but the clearance is still a little tight for my comfort. But at least for now it fits with out a filter in it. I think the 240z master has the bleeds on the other side. Still looking into things.