Roadster air box fitting to a 510 with su carbs

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe the spacing is different. That would make it to easy. Give me a measurement and I will check it against the spare R16 SU box I have. Be specific as to where you do your measurement from. Ex. Bolt hole to bolt hole, center of main bore to center... You get the idea. I would have thought that has been tried but maybe not.

We don't got no stinking L motors here.

510 SU's are 38mm and the Roadsters are I believe 41mm so the carbs bolt spacing alone will be off. Grab yourself some 1/4" aluminum sheet and make your own using a K&N filter for a Z car or a Roadster if you can find a K&N for a Roadster. I did this with the Z K&N along with the Z air horns on ZTherapy Z carbs on my LZ2.2 and it worked great!!!

It's so..................................................

sAiFJQI.jpg

............................................ clean one could eat off of it, but we don't want to get someones saliva on it, so eat your food on the other side of the lot please.  :lol:

I am always amazed when I see this car, how can it keep looking like that year after year.

pain in the ass... got a few more to do !!!!   required removing the air intakes and horns off the base and re positioning them   drilled the spot welds and removed them completely and welded up base and reattached them ... when the head ache goes away i will build another one

but worth it for the look i wanted ...since removed my sus from my green truck .... the red truck still uses one and we had to cut the element in half to install on the truck in two pieces with the master in the way ... (not as bad as it sounds cutting a brand new element in half..)

Thanks guys. Nuclear Water Boy, good advice, I was considering doing something like that. Did you fab the inner and outer?

I did and the Z K&N filter provided enough room for the stock velocity stacks. I sold that motor complete about 6 years ago and shoved in a NA S14 SR20DE 165 stock hp. Then installed a set of Tomie Poncams and recently a 10lb Findanza aluminum flywheel and what a difference. Don't know what it runs in the 1/4 but really who cares, it's fast and gets 32mpg highway every year on the way to the East Coast 510 Meet at Summit Point Raceway WV 8>)

Thanks guys for the input and ideas. I bought roadster box at the last eagle rock swap. Took the chance on being an easy bolt on. Well that never happens. So my choices are to build a new base to work with the stock cover or to cut and modify the base. Wish me luck.