Questions on connectors when swapping to weber from feedback carb 1984 sentra 1.6

Hi,

I have looked through all the post, but have a few questions on the connectors.

(1)  What do you do with the connector that goes to the feedback carb, If you unplug it car wont run, so you just cant cap the eight wires ?

(2) I know I have to go with a vacuum advance dizzy, but what to do with the four wire connector that goes to the electronic dizzy. What wires do I need to connect to the vacuum advance dizzy ?

(3)  Can I now completely do away with the computer ?

Thanks in advance

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

(1)  What do you do with the connector that goes to the feedback carb, If you unplug it car wont run, so you just cant cap the eight wires ?

The connector is only needed to run the feedback carb. It's not needed with the weber unless your weber has an idle cut solenoid and an electric choke heater. If this is the case you will need to find the idle cut and the choke heater wire on the engine harness connector and connect it up to the weber.

(2) I know I have to go with a vacuum advance dizzy, but what to do with the four wire connector that goes to the electronic dizzy. What wires do I need to connect to the vacuum advance dizzy ?

I believe the Sentra used a vacuum advance distributor. Leave it alone.

(3)  Can I now completely do away with the computer ?

I would leave it alone and get the car running first. Later try disconnecting it.

(1) OK on the carb connector, but will I need to connect each feed and return together because when disconnected power dies.

If you have an idle cut solenoid or an electric choke on the weber the return is through the ground on the block. Simply find another power source on the ignition that is hot in the ON position only.

2) Not vacuum advance dizzy on the sentra - Electronic, controlled by computer. It has a four wire connector...vacuum advance does not.

I have diagrams that show a vacuum advance through '88 on the Sentra 1.6. Appears to be two vacuum lines to it but usually there is no vacuum advance at idle or when the engine is cold. This is also usually controlled by a thermal vacuum valve, not the ECU. The weber will have a vacuum advance port on it.

Hi datzenmike

If you check your diagrams you'll see they are for California and Canada models only, Not Federal

1984 sentra California and Canada models had vacuum advance dizzys...Not Federal. All Federal had Electronic dizzy system called ELECTRONIC

IGNITION TIMING CONTROL- No vacuum advance...Timing controlled by Computer (without a doubt)- No vacuum connection on dizzy.

Federal models were the only ones equipped with the infamous hopeless chokeless carburetors and the electronic distributor - completely different carburetors and ignition systems than the california and canada models. Two different animals.

Thanks