72 Skyline Yukika

earlyvws

And yes it's worse now then when I was trying to buy it. I see it in my head all day. I can't even concentrate. My buddy that drove it has been texting all day talking about it.

He's pissed cuz he wants one now REAL BAD, but knows that will never happen.

It also makes me wonder wtf a real GTR must be like.

• Like 1
  • Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't usually post my kids, but this was funny. My wife wanted a message from them and this is what they choose to say. My youngest LOVES Datsun's. At JCCS they have him a datsun hot wheel that he has all the time with him. And he coined the term nickel dime on his own. I never said it. He asked if this is a Skyline what is that one called, and I said a 510. Then he says oh nickel dime.

• Like 2

SR swap is just for now. There is a almost turn key setup I can get my hands on right now. I think I will have this done before everything else I'm working on.

Ray I'm up to speed on the FJ. The main problem for me on the FJ is I can build out a complete long block per say, but missing some key pieces for a running motor. Some of which I think will take some time. IE oil pan!

I know SR swaps are over done, but I don't want to ruin the G18 motor. I rather pull it and do more homework on it it. The SR option ironically is what is easiest for a quick turn around.

If I track down an L20, I will use the 280z 5 speed, but then I don't have a 5 speed for the green truck. But if I don't get a 5 speed for the green truck and use a 4 speed then the drive shaft I had made doesn't work, etc.....

So carefully assessing all 4 Datsuns, it breaks down the easiest this way:

69 521 = L18 with FS5W71B

71 521 = L16 with FS5W71B

71 510 = KA24DE with KA tranny

Skyline = FJ20 with idk tranny

But I think the SR20 tranny will bolt up to the FJ.

So I put a complete SR20 swap in now, that gets the skyline back driving the fastest. Every motor I can stick in the Skyline is going to require a tranny swap too. The tranny with the G18 is way different. That's why I was pointing out the starter issue before.

SR swap is just for now. There is a almost turn key setup I can get my hands on right now. I think I will have this done before everything else I'm working on.

Ray I'm up to speed on the FJ. The main problem for me on the FJ is I can build out a complete long block per say, but missing some key pieces for a running motor. Some of which I think will take some time. IE oil pan!

I know SR swaps are over done, but I don't want to ruin the G18 motor. I rather pull it and do more homework on it it. The SR option ironically is what is easiest for a quick turn around.

If I track down an L20, I will use the 280z 5 speed, but then I don't have a 5 speed for the green truck. But if I don't get a 5 speed for the green truck and use a 4 speed then the drive shaft I had made doesn't work, etc.....

So carefully assessing all 4 Datsuns, it breaks down the easiest this way:

69 521 = L18 with FS5W71B

71 521 = L16 with FS5W71B

71 510 = KA24DE with KA tranny

Skyline = FJ20 with idk tranny

But I think the SR20 tranny will bolt up to the FJ.

So I put a complete SR20 swap in now, that gets the skyline back driving the fastest. Every motor I can stick in the Skyline is going to require a tranny swap too. The tranny with the G18 is way different. That's why I was pointing out the starter issue before.

Pm a list of FJ20 parts you need and let me help you get that going.

Re, Fj20 FI. there was one at an importer here in So Cal a couple years back in the corner of shop on a pallet , I think for 500 , and also all these people that say sr20 s are mainstream and over done , really should not say that unless they have owned one ! great motors even stock keep running with minimal mods and repairs , un like old stuff that parts are a bitch to get .

• 2 weeks later...

Bought the paint for the body, and rims. Ordered windshield and back glass seals.

Going to start sanding body down in 1 week. Trying to get my 510 welded up so I can send it to get blasted before the weather really starts sucking.

Have a date of Dec 20 for a paint both. So the goal is to prep it by then and shoot the exterior.