2015 CANBY TRUCK

denmarkboy

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the block going to be hot tanked to clean out all the water passages?  That will also get rid of the patina on the outside, so it will need paint.

If it stays patina, it has to be cleared, or the rust will probably run down and it would be a PITA to clean up any leaks.

If painted...black is about the best choice...IMO.....to hide any leaks/spills.

Part of me loves the idea of the patina, but I wonder how many people will look at it and think...."WTF? After all the work and $'s that went into this truck, they couldn't paint the block?"   Tough call.....one I'm not going to make.  It is a Ratsun truck......but it's sure not going to look like one from the outside!!  Of "touch of ratsun" wouldn't be a bad thing.  Good luck with making the decision!!! lol

This exactly.

Paint it, black or pontiac blue. 

• Like 2

"denmarkboy and or Daniel C contact me about the switch problem"

I think the switches are OK.  I worked some WD-40 in them, and got a fair amount of gunk out of them.

The Cab (dashboard) wiring harness needs a lot of work.  Some animal chewed on it  

• Like 1

"denmarkboy and or Daniel C contact me about the switch problem"

I think the switches are OK.  I worked some WD-40 in them, and got a fair amount of gunk out of them.

The Cab (dashboard) wiring harness needs a lot of work.  Some animal chewed on it

The wiring under the dash is fine , except the headlight switch is 6 wire and the harness is 4 wire .

The wire from the firewall forward is chewed up at the fuse block . I am already sourcing that piece myself .

The only problem remaining is the headlight switch being different . We need to just add the additional wires for the 6 wire headlight switch .?

• Like 1

I can donate a valve cover. Both are powder coated. 

I'm thinking the silver one? 

IMG_3605.jpg

Red one. 

That's metal flake, not dust btw. 

IMG_3606.jpg

I was trying to show this grey valve cover. It will look good with a grey block or the patina

• Like 2

snapback.png

IMAG3727_1_zpsxsu6zjqf.jpg
“DATSUN DRIVING CANBY FUN”
In celebration Datsuns Northwest is going to give away a 1970 Datsun 521 truck.
The truck is a 1970 Datsun 521, 1600, 4 speed truck.
The truck is being donated to Datsuns Northwest by Denmarkboy & Datslocos Datsun Club of California/Oregon/washigton

TICKET INFO : 5 DOLLARS EACH . LIMIT OF 200 TICKETS PER PERSON

ALL PROCEEDS FROM THE RAFFLE WILL BE GOING TO CHARITY CHOOSEN BY : Datsuns Northwest
The finished truck will be raffled off at the 2015 10th annual “DATSUN DRIVING CANBY FUN” event on Sunday at the awards presentation. Raffle tickets will be sold at the event only and will be $5.00 each, must be present to win. The winner will receive a legal drivable 521 truck.

DONATED  CANBY TRUCK PARTS :    DONATED BY :                                                 
FRONT BRAKES & KING PIN ....................................................mklotz70

SEATS & DOOR CARDS    ..........................................................................ratdat3
PARTS TRANSPORT & LABOR / FOOD / ROAD TRIP............................. hobospyder
TRANSPORTATION ................................................................................... eagle_adam
DASH BOARD ............................................................................................. uberkevin
IGNITION SYSTEM & SWITCHES  ............................................................. charlie69
TRANSPORTATION .................................................................................... fastdadd
FRONT TURN LENSES ............................................................................... skyblue
POWDER COATING ..................................................................................... jrock4224
HOOD AND LABOR ...................................................................................... jester
KNOBS & SHIFTER ...................................................................................... mattndew76
521 TRUCK ................................................................................................... datslocos & denmarkboy
INFORMATION AND SUPPORT .................................................................... ratsun
EVENT & RAFFLE ......................................................................................... datsuns northwest
PAYPAL & TOWING ....................................................................................... bowtie towing aka "Evil Santa"
BUILD BOARD & GRAPHICS ......................................................................... the graphics shop
STEERING WHEEL & WING WINDOWS & HUBS........................................ wayno  
RATSUN GRILL BADGE & RATSUN SHIFT KNOB ....................................... Dime Dave 
CRAZY ROAD TRIP TO DONATE LABOR ......................................................Busta Nut
LABOR & ROAD TRIP ......................................................................................Farmer
CRAZY ROAD TRIP & LABOR ........................................................................ Eastbay521 & copilot
LABOR / LUNCH / LIQUIDS & REAR BRAKES................................................ Draker
HUB CAP .......................................................................................................... 67_1600
ENGINE  REBUILD ........................................................................................... Datsun life
REAR BRAKES & MANY LUNCHS & CARPET & VALVE COVER .................. ]2eDeYe
FUNDRAISING DONATION .............................................................................. Kirden
PAINTER & PAINT BOOTH / PAINT/ LABOR.....................................................scooter stuff 
FUNDRAISING DONATION .............................................................................. Seansm 10
DOGLEG 5 SPEED  &  TIRES   ......................................................................... harlow
DONATION / LABOR / ROAD TRIP / TRANSPORTAION................................. Rick-rat
DOOR RUBBERS  & LED LIGHTS ................................................................... Tendril
LABOR ................................................................................................................ Hogie
LABOR ................................................................................................................ h5wagaon
LABOR ................................................................................................................ Rhino13 

BODY PANEL DIPPING & BATTERY.................................................................. maltese

TAILGATE CABLES ............................................................................................ arizonajones

METAL DIPPING SERVICES .............................................................................. bo

FUSE BLOCK & WINDOW CHANNELS .............................................................. Daniel C

LABOR ................................................................................................................. Brohemius 

LABOR ................................................................................................................. TasoZ24

WINDSHIELD & REAR GLASS RUBBERS ......................................................... Datsunrides

PAYPAL DONATIONS CAN BE MADE : Tbowtie@comcast.netplease make donations as a gift , to avoid 8% fee per transaction.

PAYPAL DONATIONS :    ]2eDeYe   a6m-zero  Justin Berni    hobosyder

Charlie69  Gradyfest   zed 1     Lime D. ZezE     Janksun

THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU DONATING PARTS AND LABOR .
       87acd5a1-0505-4d71-a241-5bcdeb938755_zps                                                 1d791ab1-3748-43bd-97f2-c07f109ed680_zps
                                                                          header-image3_zpsxw6uiqjj.jpg
     674f4a1e-2d87-4617-81ea-5657144c2d80_zps                                                                  90b3f0fb-7cb3-4e14-bf87-df29436a0d9a_zps

40c7a9ca-81d8-44ba-ad9d-f9c72acf06c8_zps                        d3868d73-2225-4f98-b3e4-78ee29a0f58e_zps   1f652a55-984d-4366-9332-ef29def30cf7_zps                           2d81198a-0c7e-473e-8f0a-2478503cd800_zpssnapback.png
 ffa48b98-84b5-473c-81ca-598527282b62_zps1397610931_zpsfrrq03zl.pnghttp://www.bluehandsinc.com          http://eugenegraphicsshop.com           http://www.youtube.c.../bluehandsvideo.
 http://datsunsnw.org              http://www.md-machinist.com        http://www.futofab.com/                       

https://www.facebook...939484376066394      

PARTS STILL NEEDED FOR THE BUILD                                                                            labor                                                                                                        transportation                                                                                            window felts 

labor                                                                                          gas tank refurbish                        trans mount fab                           body work        

.................................................................Check this out ! ...................................................................................

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/66248-photochop-111111110/?do=findComment&comment=1243381

Man O Man , dont space out for a minute around this build thread , it just may grow 4 pages in a day !!

Engines looking great !

Cab is finally ready for paint !!

There is a light at the end of the tunnel !

• Like 2

I forgot I had this dash.  I believe that it is a 69 and it has the 4 wire light switch.  The only problem with the wiring harness is the ignition switch plug has been replaced with crimp on spade connectors.  I will ship you the harness and the switches if denmarkboy Daniel C approves. I will not be able to ship until the first of next week. I can ship it to either Daniel C or denmarkboy.

DSC01902.jpg

DSC01903.jpg

DSC01904.jpg

DSC01905.jpg

DSC01906.jpg

DSC01907.jpg

• Like 3

I forgot I had this dash.  I believe that it is a 69 and it has the 4 wire light switch.  The only problem with the wiring harness is the ignition switch plug has been replaced with crimp on spade connectors.  I will ship you the harness and the switches if denmarkboy Daniel C approves. I will not be able to ship until the first of next week. I can ship it to either Daniel C or denmarkboy.

Thanks Charlie , but I have solved the wiring harness issue . Mr Klotz is going to ship me a harness , we had already discussed it previously . 

I did need to touch base with you about the metal ash tray . I have a plastic one we can use if the metal one isnt an option . 

• Like 1

Is the block going to be hot tanked to clean out all the water passages?  That will also get rid of the patina on the outside, so it will need paint.

If it stays patina, it has to be cleared, or the rust will probably run down and it would be a PITA to clean up any leaks.

If painted...black is about the best choice...IMO.....to hide any leaks/spills.

Part of me loves the idea of the patina, but I wonder how many people will look at it and think...."WTF? After all the work and $'s that went into this truck, they couldn't paint the block?"   Tough call.....one I'm not going to make.  It is a Ratsun truck......but it's sure not going to look like one from the outside!!  Of "touch of ratsun" wouldn't be a bad thing.  Good luck with making the decision!!! lol

Come on Mike......you think MY engine is gonna leak??........ :crying:

:lol: ....no f'n way dude.....

Not getting tanked......hit with the washer one more time to get the nasty blue off.....

I'm sorry guys.....the pontiac blue is hideous for this......close clashes.....it's either exact or something completely different.....

.......plus......I refuse to paint a Japanese engine a Domestic color.....I just can't do it.....my hands won't let me......

The other thing is not many of us care what people think...especially me.....

........people do crazy shit to cars all the time.....and there are good reasons behind them....sometimes.....

..........in this case I think it would give it character and a story.....people will talk about how this truck came together becuz they'll wonder why the block is rusty.....

The more I read people reasons for painting the block the more I wanna leave it rusty......

.........if someone spills some shit....they will clean it weather it's painted or not......or they won't give a fuck.....

Patina is winning..........we have till 5pm to present better arguments....... :D

• Like 6

Come on Mike......you think MY engine is gonna leak??........ :crying:

:lol: ....no f'n way dude.....

Not getting tanked......hit with the washer one more time to get the nasty blue off.....

I'm sorry guys.....the pontiac blue is hideous for this......close clashes.....it's either exact or something completely different.....

.......plus......I refuse to paint a Japanese engine a Domestic color.....I just can't do it.....my hands won't let me......

The other thing is not many of us care what people think...especially me.....

........people do crazy shit to cars all the time.....and there are good reasons behind them....sometimes.....

..........in this case I think it would give it character and a story.....people will talk about how this truck came together becuz they'll wonder why the block is rusty.....

The more I read people reasons for painting the block the more I wanna leave it rusty......

.........if someone spills some shit....they will clean it weather it's painted or not......or they won't give a fuck.....

Patina is winning..........we have till 5pm to present better arguments....... :D

patina it just because patina and nobody has a dirty engine bay no more. Fuck it why not
  • Like 2

arguments for : (which is my vote)

When this journey started I just wanted to see the community of ratsun/datsun do something as one , and for one of us to benefit from that collective effort .   Although that the short version , that is the story . Which is why I vote patina , it's the story . We are on course to build a best of show truck . It would be very cool to ad just one more story to this build .

patina ............ :devil:  

• Like 4

These one of a kind parts will add that special touch . I wont be surprised when you start getting requests to make more of the knobs . 

Yeah i don't think people will pay for what they cost to make. We are Datsun owners........

• Like 3