2015 CANBY TRUCK

denmarkboy

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Loren o you want the last black one?

If someone else wants it,& can afford to buy it first, no worries. I'm a little low on funds at the moment. Hopefully that's a temporary thing, which is why I was hoping Dime Dave would be offering the same style , preferably as a fund raising item, again after this batch of shift knobs is gone. Thank you for the offer though!

• Like 2

To purchase shift knobs PayPal is acceptable as long as it is as a gift/donation. 

FutoFab@gsinet.net

Il pitch 10$ to Loren if others want to go in as well to get him the last knob

If Loren and Dave are cool with it I'll pitch in $20 for Loren on the last knob as well.

so we have a place to send money to, i don't know if dave is online right now. i'm going to send my $20 and just say it's part of the payment for lorens knob

lmao, lorens knob

• Like 5

That looks really nice. I love the 520/521s, just never find one in the southeast that isn't hacked to hell :(

Edit: on a side note be sure to measure your threads on the shifter so Dave can put in the right adapter. My 620 had some m12x1.25 crap and the knob I bought for it was m8x1.25 :( Luckily that fits the B210s :P

• Like 2

That looks really nice. I love the 520/521s, just never find one in the southeast that isn't hacked to hell :(

Edit: on a side note be sure to measure your threads on the shifter so Dave can put in the right adapter. My 620 had some m12x1.25 crap and the knob I bought for it was m8x1.25 :( Luckily that fits the B210s :P

dude i bought what was supposed to be nos leather shifter (i think it's leather, can't remember, been too long since i drove little miss) the threads grab but you can't tighten it down all the way it just keeps spinning and you can pull it right off. was pissed when i put it on the truck and found that out, i spent some money getting that thing from the middle east

• Like 1

That reminds me, I still need to find out what the thread size is for a Dogleg 5 speed. That's what's going into my truck. I don't have the shift lever that goes to the dogleg, & I hear the 521 shift lever won't work with a dogleg.

• Like 1

I can hardly believe that you were laid off, is it that slow?

Wayno, it was a corporate decision. A numbers thing. They wanted a higher invoice count, I'm a customer service guy, not a hurry & get the customer out the door type. I take the time to find the customer the part they need, even if it takes longer. customer service is a dyeing philosophy. They knew I wouldn't stay long if they demoted me, so they let me go.

• Like 2

Wayno, it was a corporate decision. A numbers thing. They wanted a higher invoice count, I'm a customer service guy, not a hurry & get the customer out the door type. I take the time to find the customer the part they need, even if it takes longer. customer service is a dyeing philosophy. They knew I wouldn't stay long if they demoted me, so they let me go.

need more people like you out there, screw the numbers, make sure the customer is happy so they come back 

• Like 2

It seems like Jeff would have been out the door first, he is never in a hurry as far as I can tell. :lol:

• Like 1

That's what I always thought

Happy Customer is a returning customer. Besides I hate it when I go someplace to buy something I NEED,& the person working there only makes a half assed effort to find it,sell it to me. Now days, if it doesn't show on the computer screen in the first 3 minutes, they give up,& tell you they can't get that. Old school vs new school

• Like 3

Yeah, Jeff is an old school parts guy too, but he has more experience. Plus, he worked at a different store,& part time. I've only been on the counter full time for 4 years, before that I worked in the warehouse side of the business part of the time. I've been in the Business about 15 -16 years.

• Like 1

Yeah, Jeff is an old school parts guy too, but he has more experience. Plus, he worked at a different store,& part time. I've only been on the counter full time for 4 years, before that I worked in the warehouse side of the business part of the time. I've been in the Business about 15 -16 years.

you will find a better job 

customer service is a dying service but customer service is what keeps people coming back 

WHAT IS WRONG WITH COMPANIES 

• Like 3

Il pitch 10$ to Loren if others want to go in as well to get him the last knob

If Loren and Dave are cool with it I'll pitch in $20 for Loren on the last knob as well.

damn, i'm down to only having to pay $20, sweet

already sent a pm to dave, waiting response from both him and loren

Well it looks like we have Loren's knob covered. Those that haven't sent your PayPal gift/donation in, send it to futofab@gsinet.net

Loren, a few pages back you asked about a jade green knob, well I've been holding out. I have pearl green one (see below). I've had it fo a couple years, saving it for my own Cactus Green 2 door 510 project, but given these guy's generosity I couldn't help but offer it up to you, if you want it. I'll still donate the $50 to the build fund and the black knob will remain available to add another $50 donation to the build.

Loren, this picture of the Pearl Green knob is a little off hue, it is really much closer to jade green than the aqua that shows in the photo. Will this work for you?

Green_Pearl_Ratsun_Knob.jpg

• Like 7