2015 CANBY TRUCK

denmarkboy

I don't really understand why they asked Al to call more vendors when they full well knew it was coming down to the wire on this truck? Add more stress on top of the biggest stress of the event. Seems like a bad call for a future "president" of any organization. Just my two cents.

• Like 2
  • Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to use this build as an example of what we can do as a community . And use this to help each other . 

I would rather take a couple months and let people who need there rig fixed submit there name intoa hat , we pull a name and do what we can to fix that car/truck and make sure that it makes it to Canby the next year . I am not talking about building hem a new vehicle , but helping them to finish what they have already started . 

In this way we could carry on this tradition and we would be helping each other . . just an idea .

Where is this so-called hat?

Plans gato needs some help.

Thanks for the kind words , One thing I've learnt from being on this forum is . . .   never leave flat cat or q tip alone with a pile of name tags ..

Your always welcome at my place dude and my family thought you fit right in .

See ya up at hobo's bbq ?

BBQ at hobo's? Not entirely sure; but not ruling it out.

Hobo-send me the details.

Thanks for the timestamp.

Didn't sound like she was too out of line to me, but it did sound as though there was a lack of communication on her part as to what exactly she was trying to accomplish at the fun run. To bad you guys cut the audio. :)

Not sure why she gave whatever business cards to Al? I will say though if she wanted specific vendors to be there, she should contacted them

After she got done with Al, she lectured me for recording a private conversation and then stormed off.

I was recording for 2.5 hours before she walked into the frame. 

• Like 3

Thanks for the kind words , One thing I've learnt from being on this forum is . . . never leave flat cat or q tip alone with a pile of name tags ..

Your always welcome at my place dude and my family thought you fit right in .

See ya up at hobo's bbq ?

I only provided the name tags and a sharpie, what people did with them was out of my control....

• Like 1

Wow... Just watched the video.

Al is probably the most generous and busiest person the the Datsun community out here, and neither he, or Datslocos, is in charge if organizing the Canby event. Why would someone dump extra work on his plate, randomly, at a fun run? That's silly. She's not showing off good leadership skills for someone who wants to be in charge.

Al's the man!

• Like 6

So your all ok with someone that has been a member here for exactly ONE fucking day calling people names??

Well that's just great ,,,,,,,,,,, if that's how you guys roll then,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Datslocos forever!!!  ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,  i guess.

:sneaky:

So your all ok with someone that has been a member here for exactly ONE fucking day calling people names??

Well that's just great ,,,,,,,,,,, if that's how you guys roll then,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Datslocos forever!!!  ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,  i guess.

:sneaky:

Wait a minute ! Diego has been A member here for a long time. He left this forum because of the useless shit talking that goes on . He has recently returned because he thought things on this forum had changed .

He worked his ass off this weekend providing everyone on ratsun some of the best video feeds anyone had ever seen at canby !

So ya if you wanna blame that on datslocos , then fine ! Ridiculous !

• Like 2

Shit talking,,,???? Like calling people names??  Like that??

And it has been mostly Oregon Locos backing him up when he called her  a ......

I respect Farmers opinion and yours on the subject  ,, but that's about it.  

Agreed that won't solve the problem . They were just coming to my defense , which is something I am sure others would do for her , If she was a member of ratsun .

My goal here isn't to bash , call people names . And I don't encourage that in any way. So let's squash that !

Thanks banana you are correct , this won't help build our community .

• Like 5

Shit talking,,,???? Like calling people names?? Like that??

And it has been mostly Oregon Locos backing him up when he called her a ......

I respect Farmers opinion and yours on the subject ,, but that's about it.

He means shit talking as in someone making newbs feel stupid for beginner questions, people disagreeing just to create a conflict, and all the talk not even relating to cars within build threads and whatnot. I was a member 3 years ago and left for the same reason.

The reason Oregon locos are backing him up is because she was very unpleasant to Al. Even if he did forget to call a company so they could make more money off of us, then tough crap, he lead a team to donate an easily $10,000 truck at no cost to them. So yes, of course we back up our Datslocos Oregon president, just like NW Datsuns probably backed her up.

I respect people that respect others, she did far from that to a person who would be hard to find a reason not to respect.

• Like 2

Shit talking,,,???? Like calling people names??  Like that??

And it has been mostly Oregon Locos backing him up when he called her  a ......

I respect Farmers opinion and yours on the subject  ,, but that's about it.

I still respect your opinion, she lost mine that day...and trust me when I say, that is very hard to do, car clubs are supposed to be about the cars and it's community, not money

I apologize for offending you and anyone else who got offended.

• Like 8

You're a good man Denmark and we ALL know that .

I will try harder this year to help out with next years Canby even if that means handing out headlight stickers all weekend,,  so whomever becomes presidenti is less stressed out. 

• Like 9

After she got done with Al, she lectured me for recording a private conversation and then stormed off.

I was recording for 2.5 hours before she walked into the frame. 

Looked like a public conversation in a public place to me.  :confused:

I too don't agree with the name calling, although I can understand it. I'd rather the facts speak for themselves, no need for anything more really. Glad it was mostly caught on video so the facts are readily available. 

You're a good man Denmark and we ALL know that .

I will try harder this year to help out with next years Canby even if that means handing out headlight stickers all weekend,,  so whomever becomes presidenti is less stressed out. 

Dave definitely deserves a break as does Al.   :)

• Like 6

I think all you Datsun-crazies on this forum, and out in the NW are great. This is actually one of the most respectful (but still entertaining) batches of car-people I've ever hung around. Hopefully any bad vibes will subside, and whoever takes on responsibility for next year's Canby will do a bang-up job.

• Like 5

^^^^ I would like to see an outdoor BBQ for everyone that pays to get in on Saturday. Rather than a sit down. And I am sure if we begged Todd's band ( RatDat3 ) they would come rock us out just before sundown.

I can think of a couple other things that would be fun ...like who's car is low enough to roll a hard boiled egg the farthest !?

Or something !

• Like 9

The banquet had a strange vibe for sure. It was like an old folks home/funeral.

I agree with Al, bring out the grill, encourage mingling, and have some small activities. Oh.. and do a better job at letting people know of the banquet.. lol

The organizers did a great job, and it's always a successful event. But there is a TON of room for improvement and I hope NWDatsuns elects someone that will work even harder and take Canby to the next level.

• Like 5

who cares people will always whine about something .........the lady has some responsibility in making sure if she wants her friends to vendor at a event ...just the blame game here ... its like drinking poision and expecting your enemy to die ... pffftttttt  al is the man and like i said its time we show him the appreciation he deserves and not waste anymore time argueing a blow hard sniveling 

• Like 5

I say we all stop the talk against star.

I also say we should band together when the presidential vote comes about and get who needs to be in that office there.

I'll pay my dues and take the drive to make my vote count.

Canby was an eye opener to me.

I had a great time and it was the people/community that made that happen. Not just Ratsun.

I will do what I can to contribute to that. 'That' is ours.

We need to have a hand in the path set for us.

• Like 10