New Member with U521

Tico Bill

Guys! I wonder if somebody here can help me. A couple of months ago I bought myself a half restored U521. I live in Sri Lanka and as far as I know its the only car here. Somehow during the restoration the tail lights have gone missing. Many other things were missing like the seats which I've had made locally as close to original as I can, wipers etc etc. But the tail lights I've not had much luck. I've come close a few times but missed out.

I wonder if you guys can help me with some leads. I have found and bought the lenses but I need the entire untis if possible.

Also somebody sold me a U620 left tail light with a crack in the lens as a 521 tail light. Do not know if it was intentional or a mistake. If anybody with a U620 want it I'm happy to sell.

• Like 2
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think you are going to have any luck finding the complete assemblies. That being said, you should investigate adapting Datsun 1200 tail lights as haye have most of the curves in the right places.

Sadly somebody on Ratsun offered me the entire assemblies for $350. But somebody in Japan saw the post and offered the guy $800 and took them under my nose. 

I have managed to find the original lenses but missed out on the chrome covers much to my annoyance due to a mistake bidding. I've never located the bulb assembly separate. I have thought of fabricating the bulb cover, but would really like to find the chrome cover :(

I curse the guy who lost my tail lights everyday............

• Like 1
  • 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...