Tico Bill

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW :)

Welcome :)

Nice rig, you also need a full set of 521 hubcaps, but it looks good for such a rare truck.  :thumbup:

Thank you. I have lurked on this site for awhile and have obtained a lot of valuable information. Have been a bit hesitant to sign up, but this board doesn't appear to flame like PBB (I hope).

Don't ask any of us if we can find you a rear bumper or tailgate, and you will not get flamed. :lol:

Thank you. I have lurked on this site for awhile and have obtained a lot of valuable information. Have been a bit hesitant to sign up, but this board doesn't appear to flame like PBB (I hope).

Are you missing the trim around the top of the box, or is that the way it was made?

I actually have a U320 :)

Don't ask any of us if we can find you a rear bumper or tailgate, and you will not get flamed. :lol:

Are you missing the trim around the top of the box, or is that the way it was made?

I actually have a U320 :)

I have been reading your posts for awhile. Very nice work!  :thumbup:

The lip around the bed is rolled. I am going to experiment with vinyl edging, but it might be too thick. I had to weld up many holes from a PO installed tonneau cover that went horribly wrong.t 

I have been reading your posts for awhile. Very nice work!  :thumbup:

The lip around the bed is rolled. I am going to experiment with vinyl edging, but it might be too thick. I had to weld up many holes from a PO installed tonneau cover that went horribly wrong.t 

It kinda looks like my U320 top without the trim, I would have to see a closer photo to know for sure though.

Yours is in a lot better shape than mine, I have not even started the bodywork yet, I don't have even one straight panel on the truck. :(

Enjoy your rare ride, your one of maybe 10 that has one of these trucks, but until now, we didn't know of yours.

Beautiful Ute! Welcome to Ratsun. 

Curious, what was the difference between a FJ40 vs BJ40? They look identical to my untrained eye. 

Thank you for the compliment. A BJ40 has a B four cylinder diesel, and FJ40 has either an F or 2F six cylinder gasoline engine. Gas is over $5/gallon here, diesel is around $4.

I have a lip that sticks up to hold the box trim on my U320, it has these little clips that are spot welded onto the lip that hold a nut in position.

DSCN2528.JPG

That lip holds these trim pieces, the little posts are for a cover, but it was a terrible design, I plan on removing them.

DSCN2772.JPG

DSCN2773.JPG

The cover

DSCN2771.JPG

Is it possible that your truck had the trim removed to put the tonneau cover on, without ruining the trim pieces?

It kinda looks like my U320 top without the trim, I would have to see a closer photo to know for sure though.

Yours is in a lot better shape than mine, I have not even started the bodywork yet, I don't have even one straight panel on the truck. :(

Enjoy your rare ride, your one of maybe 10 that has one of these trucks, but until now, we didn't know of yours.

I like your 320. Really nice project! None left here. I am adding some closeups of the top. The rear windows swing out like an old BMW 2002.

DSCF5087_zpsdaea5bb2.jpg?t=1415747163

DSCF5070_zpsadce5a60.jpg?t=1415747048

• Like 1

I have a lip that sticks up to hold the box trim on my U320, it has these little clips that are spot welded onto the lip that hold a nut in position.

DSCN2528.JPG

That lip holds these trim pieces, the little posts are for a cover, but it was a terrible design, I plan on removing them.

DSCN2772.JPG

DSCN2773.JPG

The cover

DSCN2771.JPG

Is it possible that your truck had the trim removed to put the tonneau cover on, without ruining the trim pieces?

Possible. I have never seen another one of these before I bought it. The lip has a factory roll, but I don't know. I will take a closeup tomorrow for you.

Pics of my toys. The Land Rover was given to me by an ex-pat that was going back to the States. The BJ40 I have had for 23 years.

DSCF5001_zps2683e7eb.jpg

DSCF5002_zpsfd9a1d35.jpg

DSCF5016_zps41639ca5.jpg

DSCF5042_zps20854a4f.jpg?t=1415763585

I will add pics of U621 when I get over to where it is stored. Really just a pile of parts.

Thanks for making me feel welcome here. Lots of good information and a great bunch of people.

• Like 1