73' 510, "Rusted Hope" My first car

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i would keep it if you have the room. Lots of good parts on there still.

I would for sure buy it back but only for reel reel cheep, you can salvage a lot of parts you had put on her as well as original parts. The Insurance co doesn't care about those parts value. They will only want to give you the value of the car and being that old they are not gonna want to pay much. Use the info of what the car value is and what you put into it to the lawyer , he will send you to his Dr for a month or longer and build up the injury bill and case. That way you will get enough money to cover getting another car buy yours back very very cheep for the parts and still have money to put in the bank. Believe me I have had to go through this several times before with a couple of my cars. Good luck and for sure call a injury lawyer, I know it sucks to go through but that's how it seems the only way to come out the best for you The insurance doesn't care. It's sad but true.

• Like 2

Oops...meant to say good...now go on nada car guide, under classic, print out price of datsun 510, craigslist, ebay and articles that says how our cars are now collectibles. When i got into an accident, not as serious as yours, ins. Company tried to total the car and so i showed them what i found. Good luck.

• Like 1

Hold off on buying.  We all know its tempting, but dont lock anything down.

Wait for all of this to unfold, and see what your settlement is.  Not just for the car, for the injury, mental distress, bla, bla, bla.

You are in datsun land on the west coast.  Dont buy a turd.  You dont have to.

Good luck.

• Like 1