1984 Datsun Maxima Wagooooooon! HRH's new summer daily. (Wynona)

HRH

So I stopped by pull and save today.  Got a rear wiper arm that looks like it will work off an '88 Maxima wagon.  The rear arm is particularly problematic because it's the tiniest of splines, like a 6mm shaft, not the big 8 and 10mm shafts of the front wipers.  The one I got is a smidge longer, but with a j-hook also instead of the straight stick, so I got one inch smaller rear wiper and we'll see if that works.  Pretty sure it will.  Also grabbed some hardbody front wipers to see about replacing the fronts with j-hook attachments also.

Scored a pretty good condition center console out of an '87 Stanza.  Burgandy, but it can be painted.  Not exact, but I dare say it is going to be close enough to modify and make look right without too much effort, besides needing to be painted tan.  We shall see on that one.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Correction: 810.  If it were a 910 it'd have a 4 inch shorter nose. ;)  But I'm splitting hairs!  Here's tonight's pictures from the farm.  My ace bodyman giving the Ratsun salute no less!

IMG_7007_zps05dffab2.jpg

IMG_7003_zpsb85a303c.jpg

As stupid as it is, I got all freakin' excited that this worked!  '88 Maxima wagon rear wiper arm.  It's dinky shaft size.  Calls for 15" blade, run a 14" instead, this is j-hook, not straight style.  Clears the rubber with a 1/16", just perfect!

IMG_7014_zpsa993ddd5.jpg

Hardbody front wipers seem to work just fine.  Only hooked up the driver's side, but j-hook replacement, no issues there.

IMG_7015_zps3343eec5.jpg

Triangulated four link rear suspension

IMG_7008_zps817439e7.jpg

Ugly Betty wheels on the wagon.  Not bad, but too far out and I just don't think it looks right.  I like silver aluminum.

IMG_7012_zpsf4dd728c.jpg

I'd need to run a 195 on them to suck in the side, which would stretch it a bit on an 8" wheel.  Not too bad, doable, but I also couldn't lower it much without hitting the fender edge.  Which, of course, could be rolled out, but I'd prefer not to.

IMG_7016_zpsd01cc137.jpg

Think I'd prefer this.  Wish they made this style in a 15", but oh well.  I could also use about an 8 or 10 mm spacer here, it's a little sucked in.

IMG_7017_zpsa2eada41.jpg

IMG_7020_zpsb61b5469.jpg

Here's the current console, good except the cracked out middle.

IMG_7019_zps26ec1f42.jpg

Wrong color, but that can be fixed.  Switches should fit, trim plate for auto may be the same size as outer trim on existing.  In which case we'll cut and graft in, but I'm thinking it should work nicely.  '87 burgandy Stanza console.

• Like 1

Its the same center console as a 910, along with all the interior parts. in addition to being impossible to find in other countries as well.

And they are all 910 as far as I am concerned, we just got the 910 with the best options. I will not ever refer to one of these cars as an 810.

The first car to wear the Maxima name was introduced in 1980 for the 1981 model year. It was essentially a Japanese-market Bluebird 910 with a 3.9 in (99 mm) longer nose to accommodate the inline-six engine. The 810 Maxima was not sold in Japan. The car was offered as the 810 Deluxe or 810 Maxima that first year, and all 810s became Maximas for 1982. In 1984, the last year of the first generation Maxima, American Datsuns began carrying the "Nissan" badge as well. Only 1984 Nissans have both "Nissan" and "Datsun" badges on the back of the car, although earlier models had a "Datsun" badge with a tiny "by Nissan" section underneath.

I like 810 better, 'cause no one else got it.  Just us.  Fuck Japan, I got a one-off custom USDM 810!!!   :D  (Dammit, did I just quote wikipedia?)

Lewiston is nice, what are you talking about?!  Just ignore the pulp mill.  (Lewistink)  ;)  That Lewiston grade sucks ass though.  Started pinned in 4th, had to drop to 3rd, pinned, then after the pitch change, finally got back to 4th pinned.  Steep ass hill.

I found another set of wheels I think will look better, but they're also more expensive.  Boooo.  We'll see if I pony up the dough for them.

Well, I got backed into in the parking lot at work today.  Fortunately it wasn't in the Maxima, and more fortunately the guy was a decent enough human being to leave his contact information.  Have an appointment at the body shop on Monday.  I'm still quite irritated, but what can you do.  At least it's driveable, could have been worse.

IMG_20141126_102356_zpseeeca748.jpg

IMG_20141126_090520_zpsbf7004a8.jpg

IMG_20141126_090505_zps2b789bfe.jpg

IMG_20141126_090457_zps71fb1bc6.jpg

IMG_20141126_090512_zpse0adfa8b.jpg

I think rota actually did a great job on those. Those and the RKRs are the only rota wheels that look decent imo:

llantas-17-rota-rkr-5x114-.jpg

Although is I had a hako I doubt I'd be running rotas :P

I can't believe the guy actually left his contact info. That is like an urban legend that only happens in the movies and canada. Pretty sweet really.

Yes, I certainly hope so!  Hopefully I'll be able to afford tires by the time I'm ready to use the wheels, lol.  Good thing is 195/60 15s are going to be a lot cheaper than finding the stock size even.

Sonofabitch!  The Shakotans I wanted are sold out.  And the same situation with the other place that sells them.  And the ebay adds seem to go to that place too.  So, at the moment, I'm just going to cool my jets on wheels and see what I want to do later.  Not like I'm driving it right now, so I suppose it's not the highest priority.

I just today picked up a pair of Rays Engineering Volk Racing mesh 14x7for $100,  I can get the other pair on ebay for like $300, thats a $400 set of Rays. And yet people STILL buy Rota. I just dont get it anymore. I truly dont.

Next weekend I am picking up SSR Reverse Mesh set of 15x8.5 15x8  for around the same prices.

THERE ARE PEOPLE VIRTUALLY GIVING AWAY NICE WHEELS AND PEOPLE STILL BUY ROTAS.

Whatsa matter gamez?  You prejudiced towards the Phillipinos now? ;)  And I don't like the Ray's, and I'm damn picky about which wheels I want on my car.  If American companies would get their heads out of their asses, they could make cool wheels that I want that fit 4x114.3 bolt patterns.  BUT THEY DON'T!!!  So fuck 'em!

American Racing even, looked for Outlaw IIs and Is and AR23s, and not a damn one is made in a 15" with a 4x114.3 bolt pattern.