I'm baaaaccckkkk

Scurrvy

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Find one at you local wrecking yard.  Ebay has been driving up the cost of Datsun parts.  Look at the 520 dash Jefe De Jefe has on ebay.  It looks nice but for $400 dollars it should have more like the correct 520 Instrument cluster with the amber turn indicator lights, a glove box liner, an unbroken radio delete plate and so on.  I try to sell parts as reasonable as I can because that is how I like to buy them.

That is strange, that dash doesn't show in a normal "Datsun 520" search, at least not in the first 12 pages, I had to search "Datsun 520 dash" to find it, I seen a lot of other parts I have not seen before also, like a tailgate, ebay is so hard to find things anymore unless you search each specific item. :(

Find one at you local wrecking yard.  Ebay has been driving up the cost of Datsun parts.  Look at the 520 dash Jefe De Jefe has on ebay.  It looks nice but for $400 dollars it should have more like the correct 520 Instrument cluster with the amber turn indicator lights, a glove box liner, an unbroken radio delete plate and so on.  I try to sell parts as reasonable as I can because that is how I like to buy them.

• Like 1

It is on ebay Wayno.  http://www.ebay.com/itm/Datsun-520-521-Metal-Dash-1966-1972-Pl521-Pickup-Truck-Pick-Up-/301522173860?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item46341f3fa4&vxp=mtr

I talked with Jefe about the dash but in my opinion it is too much money for what it is.  Hell you would have to strip off the cheap rattle can paint job so you could get a decent paint or powder coat done on it.

It is one of my pet peeves when some one does a quick paint job on something to try to get more money for it.  In my opinion it would sell better with the original paint and patina showing.  Just my 2 cents!

The only reason I see Jefe on the Datsun sites is selling parts.  He is the same on NWD and DMT.  Come on Jefe post some usable info!

Woke up to this. 

DSCN0452_zpsnpov2rna.jpg

My little truck didn't like the trip I took it on. Didn't mind the cold after it got warmed up..but the snow..that's a different story. 

DSCN0454_zpsxb8kjup7.jpg

So I decided to stop and take a few photographs. 

DSCN0455_zpsyy3ybbyo.jpg

Yes that is a Rudolph nose. (Took it off after this photo.)

DSCN0457_zpszjh4rngl.jpg

Trucks going to be a lot lower soon..hopefully we won't have anymore snow. Anyone have an extra steel valance? I can only find plastic online.

DSCN0459_zpsi5us1ger.jpg

One black and one chrome trim taillight..ugh.

DSCN0460_zpslupxhjmq.jpg

Well that was the only journey this guy was going on today. Hopefully soon I'll be able to start up the actual build on this thread. *Fingers Crossed*

• Like 3

It's call aircraft paint stripper. It's pretty cheap for how powerful it is. It will strip fiberglass but won't take bondo off as well as paint, a heavy wire wheel (grinder style) works best on bondo.

bulldog-gaf354-fiberglass.gif

I wish I could find some quality paint stripper here in Japan. Blown through a couple hundred just trying different brands with no luck.

Good looking 720, looks like a good start. :)

• Like 1