I'm baaaaccckkkk

Scurrvy

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here watch this video it is a 521 but it should give you enough information to re index your torsion bars.  It is actually pretty easy.  Make sure to wire brush all the threads and spray a good penetrating oil on the before starting to remove thing.

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/63543-video-how-to-reindex/

• 2 weeks later...

Not cheap, but available...

http://www.rockauto.com/m/mobilecatalog.php

Nissan-1985-720 pickup-2.4L L4-Emission-EGR Valve

AIRTEX / WELLS Part # 4F1531   

{#1471080W00, EGR4101} Includes Gasket

$147.79Add to Cart

STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS Part # EGV488   

{#1471080W00, AEY7688} Intermotor

$166.79Add to Cart

• Like 1

Removed the paint from the hood this weekend. Going to go with black plasti-dip for it I think, then maybe a hunter or olive green for the body when I get around to that. 

I sanded it first or attempted. 

InstagramCapture_18598249-9f1b-4b30-91a5

So that didn't work well. The picture above has spray on aircraft stripper. 

WP_20150104_002_zps46e7b29a.jpg

This is after that was scraped off. Eh not so good. 

So I decided to go get a jug of the stuff.

WP_20150104_003_zpsf27ae53d.jpg

Boom, in action, stuff is wicked. Had to go grab a respirator. 

This was within five minutes of starting to put it on. 

InstagramCapture_5ae9077e-2ef5-4e3b-84f0

Finally! 

I had to sand a little more...there are still a few red spots, but its nothing I can't get rid of before primer and such. 

I'm still a novice on body work, so bare with me if I make mistakes. Hoods are fairly cheap online in case I mess it up. 

• Like 1

freaky510 had a jug of some pasty shit man.  Slathered it on with a  brush, waited, then went back with a scraper after a while and the paint literally fell off. Just gotta be patient.  If you scrape it off while its still fresh or too soon its like nasty goop shit and sticks to everything.  Wait till its barely damp n falls right off. easy clean up

• Like 1

It's call aircraft paint stripper. It's pretty cheap for how powerful it is. It will strip fiberglass but won't take bondo off as well as paint, a heavy wire wheel (grinder style) works best on bondo. 

bulldog-gaf354-fiberglass.gif

Good looking 720, looks like a good start. :)

• Like 2

Thanks! 

I'm going to mainly just get it or paint it myself, lower it to where it has an aggressive stance but still can be driven nearly anywhere. 

Since I've had it I was getting horrible gas mileage and it would back fire when ever it was shut off. So I cranked the idle down, (well backed it out, for it to go down.) Didn't help. Noticed a blue wire on the choke plug was cut so I just tied the choke plate open, OH MAN! What a difference that did. So it's quiet and doesn't sound like death anymore. 

I'm on the market for a ST wheel and hub combo, Mud flaps, mine say Nissan, but the lettering is worn off for the most part, and a Tan under dash tray to complete my dash. Also does anyone know if any stereo cd player wont fit. Like I know double din's will not. But are there any others like certain width or depth? 

Thanks for any help. But really I want a st wheel and hub.

• Like 1

Found some pictures of my OLD 720. I had in 2013. I miss it so much. The one I have now hasn't filled the void that one left, I may need to buy another one.

and another and another and another and another!  It just never ends!  LOL

• Like 1

I know where an early 80's model one is..but if it runs and stuff I have no idea. But it's the ones with the lights under the tailgate. 

I wish I could find a 510 in my area..but they are nonexistent. 

• Like 1

WP_20150109_003_zpsc42997dd.jpg

I had a huge hole in the driver side of my seat so I stuffed a throw pillow in it and got a seat cover to finally hide it. lol 

It was a purple-ish pink throw pillow. 

Anyone have a spare brown seat belt and buckle? Driver side has one out of a newer vehicle. 

• Like 1

Thanks! 

I'm going to mainly just get it or paint it myself, lower it to where it has an aggressive stance but still can be driven nearly anywhere. 

Since I've had it I was getting horrible gas mileage and it would back fire when ever it was shut off. So I cranked the idle down, (well backed it out, for it to go down.) Didn't help. Noticed a blue wire on the choke plug was cut so I just tied the choke plate open, OH MAN! What a difference that did. So it's quiet and doesn't sound like death anymore. 

I'm on the market for a ST wheel and hub combo, Mud flaps, mine say Nissan, but the lettering is worn off for the most part, and a Tan under dash tray to complete my dash. Also does anyone know if any stereo cd player wont fit. Like I know double din's will not. But are there any others like certain width or depth? 

Thanks for any help. But really I want a st wheel and hub.

Contact Gradyfest he knows of one in a wrecking yard. I believe he is going tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Borla turbo muffler? Anyone know how the sound is? I have a flow master on it now, I'm thinking either get a glass-pack or something more noisy. 

Also going to get blocks soon, well maybe, right now I need to fix and oil leak and get some tires. Stock tire size is like 175/??/14 yeah?

• Like 1