Hi, im NOOB

lovemyjdm

Well this is my intro thread. Finally made an account after having my z for a couple months. I currently live in NC living that Marine Corps life. 

I found this gem in VA. She's a 77 280z. Still has the l28 with some goodies which i plan on keeping for as long time. I have a lot of plans for her all of which i will update on here!

IMG_3956_zps5d1851d1.jpg

Before i put on the spoiler and got rid of the rear bumper lip

IMG_4114_zps255cc560.jpgIMG_4118_zps53c48503.jpgIMG_4144_zpse40c7f45.jpgIMG_4143_zps8fb9f239.jpg

• Like 2
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

As I sit here on new years eve all by myself i figure, why not visit ratsun! I have some updates to the ol girl since I've finally found time to work on her. Pictures should suffice!

Got creative and made those and STICKERS  :thumbup:

IMG_4261_zps0a25f9f0.jpg

Got me some Wheel Vintiques Steelies. 15x10 all around with 205/50 NITTO's

IMG_4218_zpsdf4d6a68.jpgIMG_4228_zps8747e324.jpg

Found out the previous owner did the coilover DIY so i lowered the shaft collars and got her lowww

IMG_4292_zpsd605b0e3.jpgIMG_4300_zpsbf0d4a01.jpg

Went too low and couldn't drive. the springs decompressed all the way when i lowered the shaft collars because i didn't use a spring compressor. Everything was rubbing, the front passenger damper is blown, and springs are squishy so i bit the bullet and got these bc's with bolt in camber top hats from jpngarage. 

IMG_4331_zps224fd144.jpg

I have the fronts getting welded on the strut tubes. When i get them back i will do the rears. Im in the process of doing my tail light panel and bezels black. Once those are done its on to the next project!  :thumbup:  :thumbup:

• Like 3
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I bought my current '77 280Z back in 1992.  I drove it completely stock for 5 years before I did anything to it and then it was just paint, wheels 7 tires.  It was my daily driver for 14 years and 100k miles except for a year of down time getting a new drivetrain.

Your Z looks REALLY nice.  It will be a great foundation for anything you want to do to it.  Sit down and write up a dream sheet for the car, prioritize it, and then think on it for several months while you're looking around this site, zcar.com and hybridz.org to get more ideas and sort out your plans.

I was a naval aviator so have a fond place in my heart for you jarheads.j :-)

• 4 weeks later...