Another new b310/210 owner!

moomin

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I seen that 210 for sale up there. One happen to pop up for sale in Boise and I picked it up. Only needed a fuel pump and some line. I'm driving it home to cda on thanksgiving day. Wish me luck! Did you bring the bumpers back? I'd be interested in the front passengers side end cap if you have it. Not 100% if I'm going to keep mine. I have a few other projects that need my attention.

I did bring the bumpers back! But I'm afraid I'm going to keep them, at least for now.

Unfortunately the deal for the JDM 210 bumpers I posted about earlier fell through. The guy only wanted $130 for both bumpers (which was a dang good deal), but shipping from where he was in Norway to me in the States made it about $650 total shipped, which was a bit too much for me to afford right now. If anyone reading this is interested in them and could afford paying that much, let me know and I could give you his info to buy them. He's a really friendly dude. (and his 210 wagon is kick ass)

Glad to see another Datsun owner in the area though. We should try to set up a Spokane/CDA area datsun cruise sometime!

Cool cool. If you put your bumpers back on you can make them look 80% better by releasing the air and oil in the bumper shocks. I did this yesterday and am happy with the look of the front. I first drilled out the shock which I'm not so sure I had to do. I couldn't get it to depress so I removed the front bumper and found a little Phillips screw in the front of the shock. When I backed it out a lot of air came out and I was able to compress the shocks. Idk if you can just release that zirk or if you need to drill. If you do drill cover your drill with a bag or something. Wear safety glasses, that oil comes out fast. Also be carefull when releasing the zirk because like I said I think the oil may be compressed inside, I only found air but I drilled first. I'm down to cruise. I have a handful of cars, I may not be in a datsun but ill be rolling fresh.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey guys, got a new question for you.

I reattached my bumpers tonight. It took a bit to get it lined up just right, but it worked out. I started up the car and let it idle for a little bit to warm it up, before backing out of the garage (just like normal). But while it was idling, i noticed it started revving way higher than it normally does. To the point where it freaked me out. I hopped back in the car, turned it off, and let it sit for about 15-20 seconds. Then I started it right up again, and pressed the gas pedal a bit, and when took my foot back off the pedal it went back down to the normal idle/rev range.

Does anyone know what could've caused this? Is it a normal thing?

Fast idle step sticking? When a cold car is first started the linkage is set to a higher rev until you "kick it down" with a quick hit to the pedal. Over time the linkage tends to get dirty.

I clean the carb with reg "carb cleaner" and then i wrap a little plastic around the linkage area and spray it with a little shot of white lithium grease.

Frees up all of you linkage for proper movement and while your at it spray a shot of the lithium at both throttle shafts.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice ride. It's cool to see some people still into the later model Datsuns... As for some power upgrades, look for a H89 head... they're hard to find because they have to be imported.  also look for, or fab one up yourself, a dual side draft intake manifold. If you're ever interested in some side draft carburetors to put on her, let me know. I've got 2 laying around, and I probably won't ever get them on my car... The Dell'orto's DHLA side drafts are fairly reliable, and sound great. Check out Datsun 1200 wiki for more engine ideas. They have all the data you'll need to build a bitchin' A series motor that can still be dailied.