Rear WindshieldI nterchange?

jmspep

Well my four-wheeler came through the back and decided to take the middle seat between my passenger and I and shattered the window. Hard to find another 83 around here much less another 720. does anyone know if an 85 720 window will fit? and what others will fit? anything helps. Maybe a yota? Thanks!

EDIT: found a 1985 Nissan 720 King Cab on cl for $500 threw a rod. Body is straight waiting to hear about interior and the wheels is has but its about 15 minutes from me and I may try ti go take a look at it. May be a steal may offer 400 and see what happens. Gonna check out the back window. It is a slide but its better than nothing.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like they are all the same but I'm checking elsewhere. Around 11 '82 or half way through the '83 model year the part numbers changed. Now this may just be a superseded or alternate number and everything is ok or it might not. Tentatively, up to 10 / '82 should interchange and above 11 / '82 build date should interchange. The build date in on the driver's door jam. I let you now as I find out.

Well it looks like regular cab short and long wheelbase rear windows, solid or slider, are smaller and all KC rear windows, solid or slider, are larger. Apparently all years of small will interchange. All years of large will interchange.

The windows come in rear defogger, clear or blue/green? tint

Rock auto shows they sell them.

http://www.rockauto.com/

(edit) not sure why they are labeled left and right ,, but called REAR window stationary ,, maybe it's a typo maybe it's a side ,,, but they list side windows and quarter windows separately.. hell now i wanna know

Well a little confused. It is a regular cab sorry. Its a solid glass no slider. and sorry its a bench seat. And as for the tint, its old purple/blue I guess, it actually helped the glass stay in so its not all over the place. Packing tape on it now so it shall be hurricane proof, Cant reverse all to well though....

Still getting info. The King Cab definitely were the same size rear glass '80-'86.

The regular cab increased in size around mid '82 so I'm having someone measure the earlier and the later reg cab glass to see if it changed in size. Give it  day or two.

Well my four-wheeler came through the back and decided to take the middle seat between my passenger and I and shattered the window. Hard to find another 83 around here much less another 720. does anyone know if an 85 720 window will fit? and what others will fit? anything helps. Maybe a yota? Thanks!

EDIT: found a 1985 Nissan 720 King Cab on cl for $500 threw a rod. Body is straight waiting to hear about interior and the wheels is has but its about 15 minutes from me and I may try ti go take a look at it. May be a steal may offer 400 and see what happens. Gonna check out the back window. It is a slide but its better than nothing.

So what would be the difference in the KC and the RC measurments?

Well you don't say weather you wanted a KC or Rcab so I checked both. Doesn't really matter what the difference is only that if you do have a KC only a KC (any year) will do.