Noobie!

Dream510

Hey guys, I've been scoping ratsun for quite a while. So I guess you could call me a stalker lol. Iv'e been in to datsuns for quite a while and wanted a 510 to be my first car. My dad introduced me to one of his friends who owns a 510, as soon as I saw it I immediately fell in love! A couple months ago my dad was able to get me an autobody job in Springfield,OR. I was one step closer to my dream car. Until recently the guy notified me that he didn't want to sell the car anymore and my dreams were crushed

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep the dream alive, there's more than one out there. A job is good. Save all the money you can and buy one that is as complete as possible and running. Engine swaps are nice but you can do them later... just get a good runner and build on it as you gain experience driving it.

Mostr first time car owners besides the dreams get crushed so does the car when driving it .

One always pops up for sale. Just don't buy a Junk. lots of projects will pop up for sale as most kids don't have the funds to complete caus girlfriend gets knocked up.

Welcome to the house! Keep looking around for the right car, because they will pop up from time to time. I waited about 24 years to buy one and now I have 3 of them. Just get the right one or you will have to deal with rust.

What do you guys think of this one?

https://inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/4736054022.html

Looks good in the pics but hard to tell if the paint job was done well. Also it looks like a 69, not a 68 like the ad says. It has a 69 tail panel and tail lights.

If the paint is actually nice and you have the skills to assemble it again it could be an ok deal, especially for Cali. Just make sure it's not a bondo bucket.

19D5D7C3-64F2-4907-963D-6C7C43BFF121_zps

I hate rear spoilers, but that is the least offensive. Blends in pretty good with body lines. Rims look like vintage Cragar SS... very 60s. Datsun emblems on rear (and front) fenders are wrong.

Car looks nice in that color. Got some interior shots?, engine, trunk.

Looks like stock height so probably has no suspension/brake mods??