Project Doolittle, '68 2000

datsunfreak

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

^^^ shooting this car... were you involved in the build and/or photo shoot?

Would matching the stripes to the rim faces be too much? I feel like it could work.

^^^ shooting this car... were you involved in the build and/or photo shoot?

I took the photos and wrote the article for the magazine. Micheal Spreadbury (Spriso Motorsports) in Oregon is responsible for all the work on the car. 

Would matching the stripes to the rim faces be too much? 

I don't think so. Black wheels and black stripes could be pretty cool...   :thumbup:

I was originally thinking of the gold Wats with a gold DATSUN side stripe, so I'd be hip to it...

Very cool. I read that article back when it was originally published. I had no idea you were a photographer or author. Multi talented I see.

I was thinking gold bre stripes to match the faces you posted earlier in the thread. that's why I was thinking it might be too much. I'm sure black would work great.

Very cool. I read that article back when it was originally published. I had no idea you were a photographer or author. Multi talented I see.

Thank you, sir.  B)

Had about 50 features published in 7 different magazines before the internet killed the magazine business...    :rofl:

This one was super dope too, also built by Spriso, just did the pics for it...

130_0702_12_z%2B1968_nissan_datsun_2000_

And because I am a shameless self-promoter...   :rofl:

http://datsunfreak.deviantart.com/gallery/

• Like 2

I have that bubble flared 510 article in my old inspiration book. I used to tear magazine articles out and keep them for later use... back before the internet made that mostly pointless :).

Pretty sure I read one of the mazdaspeed protege articles too. My wife used to drive a protege 5 wagon that I always wanted to turbo, so I read a lot of that stuff.

I applaud your shameless self promotion good sir.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

But for real this time, next weekend. For sure.  :thumbup:

And it actually happened!!!    :rofl:

And she's finally back home...

20160529_155323.jpg

Gonna pick up the hood for it next week. He had to reshoot it and it wasn't ready in time...

20160529_155911.jpg

And back in the hole...

20160529_161751.jpg

I think it came out pretty good for the price, and it'll look very nice once we gets some freshly rechromed bits on it... 
  • Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
Picked up a pair of '08 Miata seats today. A little grungy, but it looks like the covers come off pretty easy, so I'll run them through the wash and maybe see about redyeing them. 

Looks to be a good fit in the car too. Might need to see if I can get them a little lower down, though. They are currently about 3" below the windshield frame. May see if the Roadster sliders will get them any lower? Don't want to bolt them straight to the floor, but if that's what it takes...

20160614_203857.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Well, as often happens, life gets in the way...    :blush:

In the same week I was told my job is relocating (and if I wanted to keep it I probably should be as well) something else happened. The gentleman who painted my friend Keith's Roadster was looking for one of his own and made me an offer on mine. So he now owns it...    :crying:

Not to worry. I'll likely be back with another one soon I'm sure...    :thumbup:

Depends on just where you are relocating to! It just might be [if so tell us after you get all the parts you need] a gold mine of late roadster parts!  Some beknrnighted parts of the universe still do not know the value of a 2 liter Datsun Roadster!