• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Picked up some donuts from work...

20151030_181136.jpg

Aired up the flat tire and pushed it outside...

20151031_091647.jpg

20151031_091632.jpg

Jacked it up, took off the turbine wheels, and put the donuts on. Had to use some 2" adapters I had on the front because the Roadster spindle is too big to fit though the hole in the Nissan Versa spares...   :rofl:

20151031_115213.jpg

My friend Pat (aka FlyinPat) used his wrecker to then tow it over to my house...

20151031_171146.jpg

Did all that because my buddy Mark the painter came by to give me a quote on doing the body work and respray. We came to a number I could afford and so now I need to get all the trim and lights off so he can pick it up and start on it in a few weeks. Hoping to have it out of paint jail by late December.   :thumbup:

• Like 1

Your roadster is in pretty good shape. Should look nice when it is done.

I hope so. The body is in surprisingly good shape. A few pinholes in the lower left rear, and a few small dings here and there, but it shouldn't take much fettling. 

I really like those turbine wheels. Had a set on my old 72 goon that I wish I would have kept for my Roadster.

They shan't be going back onto this car, though...  ;)

I like them a lot, but they are a little too 70s for a Roadster in my opinion. They'd look much more at home on a B210 or 710...   :thumbup:

Engine bay...

20141101_083036.jpg

Interior (what's left of it)...

20141025_175400.jpg

Looking at the steering bits, it sure looks like the idler arm and steering gearbox are ambidextrous and could be flipped side-to-side, so...   B)

Somebody has a 66-67 moredoor Chevy II

Edit: saw the later pic showing whole Nova in back ground - Plans?

Somebody has a 66-67 moredoor Chevy II

Edit: saw the later pic showing whole Nova in back ground - Plans?

It belongs to my landlord's friend. I've been trying to buy it for 3 years now.   :rofl:

I'd like to have it to do something like this...

This

Still trying to decide. May not know until it's time to bolt it in...   ^_^

It belongs to my landlord's friend. I've been trying to buy it for 3 years now.   :rofl:

I'd like to have it to do something like this...

Still trying to decide. May not know until it's time to bolt it in...   ^_^

That would be cool. Since the 4 doors kills the traditional hot rod look for me I always thought it would be fun to do a 4 door early Nova in a Euro look with Mesh wheels, molded in body color bumpers etc.

8hb4_zps20c5d1b0.jpg

tumblr_msuv0e79sT1r0brpio1_500_zps73b7c0

My one serious domestic love is a 1966 Chrysler Newport 4 door. Painted gloss black, miles deep, and all of the absurd amounts of chrome all over it done in brushed nickel.

The reason behind that story, I also don't know how I feel about the body colored bumpers, but I hate chrome.

I would like to see a domestic done up both the ways you guys are talking though

all of the absurd amounts of chrome all over it done in brushed nickel... don't know how I feel about the body colored bumpers, but I hate chrome...

I love chrome. But looking at the Chevelle where the bumpers and door handles are brushed nickel, and the door trims are black, I could easily get with that.   B)

I love chrome. But looking at the Chevelle where the bumpers and door handles are brushed nickel, and the door trims are black, I could easily get with that.   B)

Tip from old cars restoration! Nickle is the chome for really authentic old restoratuons. It has a "yellow" overcast when viewered in the sun or if you want theTri-Plate Copper/Nicekl/Chrome ? Any way,good luckon responses! Chrome has a "Light Blue" overcast. Sublty, but noticable to knowable buyers!

Starting pull trim off today...

20151114_150428.jpg

Trunk cleaned out, floor is in good shape, but you can see the pinholes I need to fix in the quarter panel skin...

20151114_151154.jpg

While cleaning out the trunk, found the original tonneau cover!  :thumbup:

20151114_150922.jpg

Seats and door panel tops out...

20151114_161558.jpg

Took the tonneau off and started removing all the fasteners for it...

20151114_162059.jpg

Everything off the back except the bumper...

20151114_162134.jpg

Put everything in labeled ziploc bags so nothing gets lost...   :thumbup:

20151114_154940.jpg

Decided it's best to start at the back end and work my way forward. Need to get the back bumper off and those last two hard-to-get-to tonneau attachement pins, and then it's on to the console and dash.   ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

And the grail has been obtained.  B)

Found a good deal on an early 1500 dash...   ^_^

IMG_0097.JPG

Pad off...

IMG_0094.JPG

Pad is in decent shape. Thankfully they are just a hard molded piece covered in vinyl. Should be able to peel off the vinyl and have it recovered, likely minus the tonneau attachments...

IMG_0095.JPG

The 1500 dash is my personal favorite, so I am very glad to find one of these. Finally get to ditch the late padded dash!  :thumbup:

003p28_Nissan-Datsun-Fairlady-1500-Roads

• Like 2