Holley 5210?

KawiF3v3r

I've tried searching and everything that comes up varies.. some say the 5210 is a dgv and others say it's a dfv or something like that. I got it for free from a buddy who did a v8 swap on a mid 70s vega, I've got the carb apart and it even says webber on the inside. Problem is I don't know what adapter to buy to fit it to the e1 because of not finding out 100% if it's a dgv or what. Any info would be very helpful, thanks!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

DGV Series is Right hand and DFV Series is left hand.

Holley is not a Weber.

Weber's are easy to get parts for and still being manufactured.

Call Pierce Manifolds and order the carb to fit your application.

You buy a carb designed for twice the displacement of your engine you will not be happy.

The easiest way to tell if it is a DGV or DFV is rotate the throttle ,, does it spin clockwise or counter clockwise? All it means is you will//might  have to run your throttle cable from the opposite side to make it work.

My 5200 spins clock wise but that it was off a old pinto/mustang,, and like i said it has the same base as "normal" Webers , so you will need an adapter to put it on you intake. BUT the adapter will be exactly the same for either type of carb...

Thanks, I'll check tomorrow. I understand completely that holleys are not webers. But the 5200 series is licensed by weber.. hence it saying weber on the holley carburetor. I got it for free and being a budget build I figured I'd just need the adapter to make it fit my intake manifold. It's exactly the same as a 32/36.. I can change the Jets and tune it myself. Are there no e1s running a 32/36 weber? Then maybe I'm boned.

• Like 1

I don't think everyone here is that familiar with the 32/36 (and Holley counterpart).

It's probably the most popular aftermarket carb used on all imports of all sorts and sizes and some domestics.  It's a simple and elegant system and you can jet it for pretty damn near anything.  I had one on my BMW 2002 for many years, but eventually replaced it with dual DCOEs.

• Like 1

That has the DFV shape not the DGV.  I do not know much about them if you do not count the 43 years I have used and worked on them.

You refered to an article that said Holley licensed the DGV design. The carb you pictured is DFV design and you can also buy cheap Chinese knock offs.  The reason holley stopped manufacturing these carbs was lack of demand.  They did not perform like a Weber.

DGV

34_1_b.jpg

DFV

DFV.jpg

• Like 1

You searched the forum, right?  I just did a quick searc for Weber, and mklotz has a huge write-up on making an adapter.  It sounds like the 32/36 runs fine on an E-1 that now belongs to Wayno, without really even re-jetting it.  

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/63583-weber-carb-conversion-questions/?hl=weber

I'd bet 99% of the time the 32/36 would be running on the primary barrel anyways.  I drove my 2L BMW for quite a while before I realized the linkage wasn't adjusted properly and I wasn't even opening the secondary barrel and I still had more than enough power.  Once I got it adjusted right, the secondary barrel only opened when you had the pedal all the way to the floor (and then you'd really hear a growl and it'd take off).

If it did bog, then you just need to change the secondary venturi.  You just want to ease the transition and make it easier to pull a vacuum through the bigger secondary.

The carb on the NL320 looks like a Weber, but it doesn't have any markings on it, it is an aftermarket carb that looks like a weber.

You searched the forum, right?  I just did a quick searc for Weber, and mklotz has a huge write-up on making an adapter.  It sounds like the 32/36 runs fine on an E-1 that now belongs to Wayno, without really even re-jetting it.  

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/63583-weber-carb-conversion-questions/?hl=weber

So it sounds like you know about Webers Charlie, what weber/# would I order for my 320 with an E1 engine, I would like a manual choke.

I have looked this up several times, and I cannot find or make sense of the carbs that are offered by the companies selling them, and when I do ask and give my application, they look at me blankly and say that what they show don't go back that far, I want to buy new if possible, but I cannot get the carbs I got to work correctly, and everyone that I have tried to send it out to to be rebuilt scares me, they say stuff like if it is not all there we can't do it, or the guy I was talking to doesn't return my call after I go to the business and he is not there, so no one knows what I am talking about. :(

That has the DFV shape not the DGV.  I do not know much about them if you do not count the 43 years I have used and worked on them.

You refered to an article that said Holley licensed the DGV design. The carb you pictured is DFV design and you can also buy cheap Chinese knock offs.  The reason holley stopped manufacturing these carbs was lack of demand.  They did not perform like a Weber.

DGV

34_1_b.jpg

DFV

DFV.jpg

You are welcome.  I ran some of the Holley carbs back years ago.  Did not like them.  The DFV carbs work great on Volkswagen and many people have used them successfully on J motors.

The Weber DGV Carburetor Is a very tune-able carb.  You can change out venturies, emulsion tubes, and jets (main, idle, air correcting)  to fine tune to your particular engine.

Wayno I would run a 32/36 DGEV or the DGV 5A and tune it to run on the E1.   DGV 5A = Manual Choke, DGEV = Electric Choke, DGAV = Water Choke.  The DGV & the DFV are vary popular carbs and parts are easily available.

Weber does make smaller carbs, even 1 barrel carbs, but you might have to have a custom adapter made.  People have successfully installed 40 and 45 DCOE's on Datsun motors.  Hell some even came stock with twin SU's!   It is all in taking the time to tune your carb correctly.

I purchase my Webers and parts from Pierce Manifolds in California.  They have been dealing with Weber carbs for decades.

http://www.piercemanifolds.com/default.asp

What is the difference between DGV and DFV, the way/direction the shaft turns? 

I just went to that site, and I run into the same thing everytime, there is nothing listed for a small engine except for the B210, and nothing with a manual choke, do I have to contact a tech?

You are welcome.  I ran some of the Holley carbs back years ago.  Did not like them.  The DFV carbs work great on Volkswagen and many people have used them successfully on J motors.

The Weber DGV Carburetor Is a very tune-able carb.  You can change out venturies, emulsion tubes, and jets (main, idle, air correcting)  to fine tune to your particular engine.

Wayno I would run a 32/36 DGEV or the DGV 5A and tune it to run on the E1.   DGV 5A = Manual Choke, DGEV = Electric Choke, DGAV = Water Choke.  The DGV & the DFV are vary popular carbs and parts are easily available.

Weber does make smaller carbs, even 1 barrel carbs, but you might have to have a custom adapter made.  People have successfully installed 40 and 45 DCOE's on Datsun motors.  Hell some even came stock with twin SU's!   It is all in taking the time to tune your carb correctly.

I purchase my Webers and parts from Pierce Manifolds in California.  They have been dealing with Weber carbs for decades.

http://www.piercemanifolds.com/default.asp