• 18,103 posts
  • Cars:78 620 KC, 77 620 KC, 72 CJ5, 04 G35 coupe mmmm

Posted 11 April 2018 - 06:02 AM

Gonna need to see some pics :)

Smokin' Joe's House of Datto's

gJv38AY.jpg
Member- *Japanese Trucking Association*

**DATSUN FAQ** ~ If ya know it, post it ~ If ya don't know it, learn it ~

ratsun.net rising sun stickers                     ratsun business cards order thread

620 KA24 Motor Mount Swap Brackets

1977 620 KingCab Deluxe KA24DE Swap - Refresh and cleanup
1978 620 kingcab 4x4 - KA24E SAS w/Dana 44 front and Toyota rear

1967 RL411 Station Wagon

Whenever I think that I'm out of my mind for putting this much time and money into an old Datsun, all I have to do is look some of your threads to know that I'm not nearly as whack as you are.

You're going to skin a few knuckles, stand up too fast and bump your head, hunt around the floor for the nuts and bolts you dropped, invent a few new cuss words and when you're finished you'll say "That wasn't so hard after all!"

#82 gene knight

gene knight

Hall Monitor

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,733 posts
  • Cars:various datsun toys, vw bug, chevy silverado, mitsubishi outlander,plymouth barracuda fastback

Posted 11 April 2018 - 08:29 PM

i will get some

#83 gene knight

gene knight

Hall Monitor

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,733 posts
  • Cars:various datsun toys, vw bug, chevy silverado, mitsubishi outlander,plymouth barracuda fastback

Posted 24 April 2018 - 10:30 PM

so was working on my nephews 620 today with friend carlos from cali and was thinking bed was issue about drive shaft clearance but to find out it is the cab that is the issue, and so the driveshaft that came out of truck is 2 short at the carrier bearing /rubber mount. it s a 2 piece drive shaft so we installed a 1 piece driveshaft and it works but is rubbing on cross member that holds gas tank to frame. the passenger side leans down more than left so i aired up tires to 32 psi and then carlos adjusted passenger torsion bar bolts, i talked with the previous owner to see if he messed with the torsion bars b4, but the only thing he did was install (2) 2 inch lowering blocks on each side of axle/leaf springs so now the bed will have to come off to see if we can tweak the suspension gas tank mounting cross member to get some better driveshaft clearance. also it used to have a L20b and a 5 speed transmission, now it has a L16 with a 4 speed and i think the 5 speed was longer than the 4 speed

#84 ]2eDeYe

]2eDeYe

Bastard!

• User Administrator
  • 18,103 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 05:45 AM

Yep, the 4-speed is typically shorter that the 5-speed

gJv38AY.jpg

ratsun.net rising sun stickers                     ratsun business cards order thread

1967 RL411 Station Wagon

Whenever I think that I'm out of my mind for putting this much time and money into an old Datsun, all I have to do is look some of your threads to know that I'm not nearly as whack as you are.

You're going to skin a few knuckles, stand up too fast and bump your head, hunt around the floor for the nuts and bolts you dropped, invent a few new cuss words and when you're finished you'll say "That wasn't so hard after all!"

#85 datson4life

datson4life

Datsun Mechanic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,154 posts

Posted 29 April 2018 - 11:29 PM

Makes me scratch my head for sure as body lines line up but crossmember is in the way of driveline

#86 ]2eDeYe

]2eDeYe

Bastard!

• User Administrator
  • 18,103 posts

Posted 30 April 2018 - 06:54 AM

Is this truck lowered or stock height? 

gJv38AY.jpg

1967 RL411 Station Wagon

#87 datson4life

datson4life

Datsun Mechanic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,154 posts

Posted 30 April 2018 - 08:04 AM

Looks to be lowered

#88 gene knight

gene knight

Hall Monitor

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 02 May 2018 - 03:15 PM

going to remove a set of lowering blocks to see if that will free up some space between driveshaft and gas tank x-member behind cab