620 king cab

gene knight

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Got motivated today and installed tailgates on my nephews truck, my yellow 620 bed which is on my tan 521 frame, and mustard 620 kc and started working on green 521 also and today worked on the green 521 by installing grill, and headlights and chrome trim and bumper and valance

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

well i got a complete wiring harness for my nephews 620 and a ratsun guy who moved here from cali came by and we took our time and installed it starting at the engine bay harness first making sure to connect everything together, then moved onto the dash portion harness before it got dark, i think maybe a few more days and it will be ready to go back to my nephew, still need to get hoses and belts and fluids and then finish prepping tailgate and paint it to match rest of truck, still need to adjust bed so i can install the drive shafts

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

so was working on my nephews 620 today with friend  from cali and was thinking bed was issue about drive shaft clearance but to find out it is the cab that is the issue, and so the driveshaft that came out of truck is 2 short at the carrier bearing /rubber mount. it s a 2 piece drive shaft so we installed a 1 piece driveshaft and it works but is rubbing on cross member that holds gas tank to frame. the passenger side leans down more than left so i aired up tires to 32 psi and then  adjusted passenger torsion bar bolts, i talked with the previous owner to see if he messed with the torsion bars b4, but the only thing he did was install (2) 2 inch lowering blocks on each side of axle/leaf springs so now the bed will have to come off to see if we can tweak the suspension gas tank mounting cross member to get some better driveshaft clearance. also it used to have a L20b and a 5 speed transmission, now it has a L16 with a 4 speed and i think the 5 speed was longer than the 4 speed

Edited by gene knight
  • 4 weeks later...

so it took 4 people last month to remove bed from frame and going to investigate driveshaft issues and measure frame to ground on both side to see if still needs adjustment

• 1 month later...

i have a person who is interested in buying my red king cab, he came by 2 saturdays in a row recently and i sold the snug top off it to his friend with a mazda b2600 kc but forgot to give him the new lock assembly cuz it was in a container with wiring harness and i located it after he left, i made contact with him to let him know i found it. so hopefully i sell it and 1 less truck to deal with, then sell othe king cab and then my 2 datsun 521 trucks and the plethora of 620 parts 

Edited by gene knight
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
1 hour ago, gene knight said:

sold all my datsuns except my 521 still have a plethora of 620/510 parts/ VG30/33 parts for sale

I'll definitely be in touch with you about your plethora of 620 parts! I just took on a 79 KC and my list of things I need seems to be growing quickly. 

• Like 1