Sr20de is giving me problems :(

BlueCoupe

Alrighty so my Sr20de n/a is running EXTREMELY rich, at idle if you look at the back of my car all you see is clouds of black smoke lol

Now, i have a Ka24de MAF. could this be the problem? (doubtful thats the problem though) or could it be that i have a stock FPR and a 255lph fuel pump? or is it something else?!?

Pretty stumped on why it runs so rich that i "roll more coal" than a diesel lol cant seem to figure out what it could be. PLEASE HELP

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The MAF is what tells the ECU how much fuel the injectors should be spraying into your engine. If it's not the one that is designed for the engine, or has been tuned accordingly to work with it, then it's not going to give you the correct amount of fuel

i know that, but what ive read is that maf and the original are practically identical which is the only reason i got that one, can anyone else varify if they are or arnt? if they arnt, someone told me (because i plan on turbo'ing it) i can get my SAFC piggy back and use that to get my ideal A/F, Would this also work as another solution instead of having to buy a $200 MAF 

You need an SR MAF, the KA maf will plug in but is totally different. If you are in San Diego you can try mine on and see what happens. 

a redtop SR can be run using a '89-90 KA24E MAF.

S14 SR needs S14 SR MAF...

S13/S14 KA24DE MAF's do not work with any SR.

from zilvia

So my next question would be, I have a ka24de MAF, my motor runs good and strong pulls nicely just really rich, we'll I put and in line fuel pressure Guage and it read 70psi, stock should be 43psi (from what I read) 

Now I've tried 3 FPR and all 3 read 70psi, & I know for a fact 1 worked for sure cause it's on my buddy's car,

So I decided my fuel pump must be really BA

so he gave me and extra he had that's 190 lph instead of mine which is 255lph,  we'll after switching fuel pumps it dropped to about 50 psi (give or take a bit) and I can't regulate it any more, soooo because of all of this I don't believe it's the MAF anymore (would the maf cause more fuel pressure?), or is it my fuel pump being to strong? Anyone still think it's the MAF? 

You are getting 70 psi fuel pressure? Thats way too high, should be 43.5 with the vacuum source disconnected to the regulator. You might have pinched return line causing the crazy high fuel pressure. Also do you not have the fuel running the wrong way through the fuel rail (ive seen that before lol )

the maf wont affect fuel pressure, just injector duty cycle.

pm me for faster response.