510 rear widow louvers

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

User Tristin has them. I think the jist was that they are rare and you probably will have to ship it to the US from JAPAN.

I bought a black 280z rear exterior louvre in hopes I could make it work. It's heavy and I think welding would be more handy for the three braces. I invested in strong 24-90lb magnets for 'anchor' when attempting to mount on exterior rear window. They pull apart pretty easily and a drill will finish the disassembly.

I don't have the cutting tool to cut the fins and make smaller. Angle of fins lined up is nice.

Consider, what the 210 and Z cars have in common is they are fastbacks with a shallow sloped rear window. The 510's window is much steeper meaning the louvers will stand at a greater angle to the glass rather than close to parallel. Although this is inside louvers, you get some idea of the relative angle in this pict. http://www.the510realm.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12981

dsc00952.jpg

Ive never seen louvers like a z car for a 510....are you talking about the ones that go inside the window that look like blinds (cant remember what their called) 

Its not a joke.  I would love some amazing louvers on my rear window. 

Only works on fast back windows. The whole point was to reduce the greenhouse effect of the sun on 2 square yards of window. For a sedan just use tint.

Mike's right, it's not a store bought item. You know what you might try is working with a single piece of sheet metal to mimic the basic shape of the window with a 2" stand off on the sides. Cutting the length of the slats you can form the angle of the louver by stretching the bottom corners out. Working it on the pointed end of an anvil would give you the perfect surface to create the bump out. Kind of like stamped louvers on sheet metal but bigger. You'd need a notched vertical support in the center to maintain rigidity and uniform spacing. Sounds like a cool project.

What happened to the back of that dime?

Actuall looks like it's just the reflection on the chrome makes it look dented, check it out

dsc00939.jpg

I don't know. Look at the right side where it wraps around. It's definitely bent out away from the body. That's no reflection...

dsc00952.jpg

can it be fixed? naw, it's fucked.

I think you're right Mike. If you look you can see the indentation happens at the point of the bumper brackets, and the back edge of the bumper is up against the bottom of the license plate cover. Remember, I'm the blind guy. My screen only magnifies so big.