Oil Pressure Gauge wiring SOLVED!!

_chiefjt

Charlie, you just enjoy a good challenge is all. Does anyone know the story of why they switched from 720 to Hardbody in mid-year? That is a weird way to introduce a replacement model. Was the Hardbody a half year late to market?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Datsun /Nissan does the half year thing often.  No Idea as to why maybe DatzenMike would have an answer.

Challenges are fun and enlightening.  When I was younger I said fun an educational!  As I get older I forget more than I remember!  LOL

• Like 1

The model year starts (very roughly) around June or so of the previous year. A '73 model could have a June '72 build date.

I have found that mid year vehicles are included with the next year it seems. The 620 was started around April '72 in what I would call the very end of the '72 model year. The A10 was in '78 but shows as a '79 model. The 210? Mid year '78 (like Jan '78) right after the B210 end?

Why mid or part years? Economics probably. Parts have to be ordered in advance, the production run estimated over years and modified (added to or shortened) because of trends in the market (mostly demand and sales) New technology like disc brakes, EFI and manufacturing techniques have to be added in. One ends, another begins    

• Like 1

Okay, got the hint. I better get to packin’!

After moving 18 wheelbarrow loads of manure across the street to my vegetable garden, I took The Fudgecicle on her first official date tonight. I had to teach Mary how to lock the truck door (how quickly we forget) but otherwise, she purred along admirably. The windows were finally defrosted about the same time we arrived at the theater.

We went to see Bill Murray in St. Vincent. If he doesn’t get the Oscar, it wasn’t rigged correctly. Plenty there for Murray fans of which, I am one. 

Tomorrow, I will go hunt down a Z24 sender wire for myself. That, and re-pack that console...