Flex through / Butterfly glass rear window

bluebird4200

I bought a 1974 620 last year and went straight to doing bodywork. Ends up I have one of these rare rear windows for Datsun 620"s. I uninstalled it , and it has been sitting in my garage ever since. I just happened to see another on the Web tonight. I didn't realize people want these so bad. Is there anyone interested? If not I am going to throw it up on Ebay.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought this thing was,a piece of shit. The center brackets that hold the glass down in the center so that this thing will be operationa are missing. It was flopping around when I took it off. Now I realize how this thing work's. ... taking it to the machine shop this week. See what we can think up to make it work as,new. Aside from that the frame and glass is cherry!

To bad you cannot have someone make a few of them(complete flex windows), at a reasonable price, you would sell about 10 to 20 of them fairly fast.

I thought this thing was,a piece of shit. The center brackets that hold the glass down in the center so that this thing will be operationa are missing. It was flopping around when I took it off. Now I realize how this thing work's. ... taking it to the machine shop this week. See what we can think up to make it work as,new. Aside from that the frame and glass is cherry!

You write the guy that owns the patent and ask him if he has any more for a 620.

If not ask if he plans to make more. 

If not ask if he would be willing to sell the patent.

If not, make your own. You cannot sell it though or you would be infringing on the patent and he could sue.

I am not a lawyer, nor do I play one on TV. :lol: 

• Like 1