sr20 speed sensor

jeu510

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

King Rat you are correct they are the same but you did say most likely DOH!!!

SR and KA use the same 71C family of transmission, but we didn't get the RWD SR so... likely.

There is a part # in dime quarterly for cable drive ,needs a modified retainer and speed is close with 15s on a 510 . later I can dig up # .

If you mean 15" tires and rims then rim size has nothing to do with wheel diameter. There are 13" tires that are as tall as 15" tires. The stock 510 tire is about 23" tall and uses a 17 tooth pinion gear on the speedometer.

anybody knows if sr20de tranny speed sensor is the same with sr20det and ka speed sensors?

Unless you have some after market speedometer in your 510 a speed sender isn't much use.  However you can remove the speed sender and substitute a pinion sleeve that will work with the 510's speedometer cable. 

Having said that, some ECUs require a speed sensor input to properly run the rev limiter. This may not apply, but S13 5 speeds wouldn't run right without it. The way around it was to use an automatic ECU.  

thanks guys. i have already done the conversion in my dime for the speed cable and speed sensor to work my factory speedometer, but my car just doesnt run right. i know a lot of people have said that my s14 sr20de n/a does not need to see a speed signal, but when i drive my dime, it acts like the rev limiter is at 3k rpm. i cant seem to rev past 3k after about 10min of driving unless i cycle the key off and back on. then everything is normal for another 10min of driving. if i just let it sit without moving the car, its fine.

so i was just gonna try to get a speed sensor and wire it to the ecu to see if that would take care of it unless anybody has ran into this problem and can tell me what i need to do....thanks again for you advises....

As I said and automatic ECU solved the problem on the KA24E engines. Automatics are always in gear but a fanboy flatbill drifter wannabee is likely to miss a shift on a standard, so they need protecting with a rev limiter.

Try the sensor and get back.

well, the code on my ecu is a red WB....from what i've searched, its a s14 sr20de n/a auto.....am i wrong?

anyways, i will try to find a factory speed sensor and hook up the signal to my ecu and see if that will work...if that works, guess im gonna have to use aftermarket speedometer....

I'm running the same S14 SR20DE in my 510 going on 6 years now. I'm not using the factory speed sensor but the cable driven setup. I have no running issues and my 510 hauls ass. Your issue is NOT a speed signal but somewhere else. I've always heard you cannot substitute an automatic trans ECU for a standard trans ECU on an S14 because of the different number of wires for the TPS on each is different. Could be wrong because I just don't care<-- A product of having a great running SR510.

GO GIANTS!!!