Custom Datsun Front Coilover Setup

oldsklrodz

Evening, I have developed a custom Datsun coilover setup for the front our cars, a machined tube with a threaded housing to accept 2.5 in. coilover springs.. the new machined housing are produced to accept a koni 8610 strut or any shorten strut with a spacer.  I removed the old 40 year old tube and mill the housing to accept the new. A custom 5 lug hub will also be available.. I have also developed a custom rear subframe with tubular control arms.. All these items will be for production.. I normally don't post to forums.. Pics to follow,, along with prices.. But I want to gain some interest and entertain questions before full production run.  So if you guys are interested in the coilover setup to start, let me know.  A sneek peak of whats to come is below!

IMG_20141007_155745617_zps98fc5318.jpg

• Like 2
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The 510 strut has the smaller bearings and spindle and won't accept the zx hub for the larger caliper and vented rotor upgrade. Most other struts have the larger bearing but the caliper mounting bolt patterns are all different.

So what spindle do you plan to use? 280zx?

The over size tubes are welded back on? How thick are the tube walls?

How will you be sure the strut to spindle angle is exactly the same? camber?

Four lug seems enough or you have to change the rears also. Plenty of 4 lug rim choices.

• Like 1

This setup is totally custom...  I have built the tubes to adapt to pretty much any spindle setup.. bmw toyota datsun.. etc  the tube is cut flat at the base on the spindle, then milled in the lathe to accept new tubes.. there is no change in camber. The new tub is pressed in and welded at the bottom of the spindle. I also have a 280zx strut that I have done same too..  I have decided togo 5 lug because I have interest in larger wheels that are not available in 4x114.3. 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Evening, I have developed a custom Datsun coilover setup for the front our cars, a machined tube with a threaded housing to accept 2.5 in. coilover springs.. the new machined housing are produced to accept a koni 8610 strut or any shorten strut with a spacer.  I removed the old 40 year old tube and mill the housing to accept the new. A custom 5 lug hub will also be available.. I have also developed a custom rear subframe with tubular control arms.. All these items will be for production.. I normally don't post to forums.. Pics to follow,, along with prices.. But I want to gain some interest and entertain questions before full production run.  So if you guys are interested in the coilover setup to start, let me know.  A sneek peak of whats to come is below!

IMG_20141007_155745617_zps98fc5318.jpg

Neat.  I am doing something similar, but with a custom strut case and an Ohlins 36HMRC insert.  Nice work!

• 2 months later...