Its only a 4door......

EastBay521

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately no. i hadnt had anytime do to work but they let me go last week for giving my supervisor shit so now ive got time. i didt get started on these though

zxfbzdfb_zps3e351c93.png

after sanding

untitledefEFaq_zps4384d7e6.png

after hitting it with the shitty mothers sponge ball thing that was shit

untitled_zpsdbb63700.png

after hitting it with a buffing wheel. shitty oics but you get the idea and they look a whole hell of alot better

and i finaly got my stuff to start the ka rebuild and im supposed to be picking up a tranny for 50 bucks so im pretty set to go now i shouldnt have any excuses not to

• 3 weeks later...

I like the after sanding best.

It has a kinda cast / magnesium look to it.

But.... your wheels.

Either way... nice.

Unfortunately no. i hadnt had anytime do to work but they let me go last week for giving my supervisor shit so now ive got time. i didt get started on these though

zxfbzdfb_zps3e351c93.png

after sanding

So the bottom end has new rings and bearings, the head that came off of that block had ass loads of that alumiseal shit inside the water passages, and cylinder 4 had rust blocking pretty much any water flow from getting through. found a clean head that I payed too much for but it looks a lot better than what I had. I cleaned up the valves and seats, exhaust valves aren't the prettiest but should do, now I just need to put new valve seals and lap them back in. Also picked up an s13 tranny and an r180 with 3.54. Still need tires. drive line shortened, radiator, reg, slave cylinder and fluids. Eleanor will be at canby

• Like 2

Motor is finally together now im looking for an s13 harness, ecu, dizzy, and lower intake manifold since im being told that the s13 is easier to wire up and looks cleaner with less bs under the manifold compared to the s14 stuff i have.......slowly but surely its coming along

kfuyfouyg_zpsb84ca64c.jpg

• Like 2

I don't know if I'd paint the block pink, but it doesn't look too bad.  And it's your car now. ;)  I'm just glad you're planning on bringing her to Canby.  My only wish for my poor beloved Eleanor was that she would be together and driven again.  Barring biblical catastrophes I'll be at Canby in the wagon.  Which I haven't named yet.  Perhaps a name will come on the road trip down.

• 3 weeks later...

so with some jumper wire a test light and some help from yealla"s521 we got the lights to turn on the r180 installed and seat rails are in so seats just need to be bolted down and i hear a new batch of Datsloco tranny mounts have been made so the engine and tranny can go in soon. Now that ive some what got the electrical figured out im starting to feel good about this since that is my biggest weekness im just not confident with it.

aeg_zps88dfbc13.jpg

dfbadb_zps641df633.jpg

edvad_zpsd87d5ef6.jpg

srer_zps67fe04bf.jpg

jkv_zps1f42aa0d.jpg

• Like 6
  • 2 weeks later...

Did a little tinkering this weekend

sdrij_zps1a63545e.jpg

I originally planned on cleaning up the wiring but then some one had to talk me into painting the engine bay so i took shit apart

It will get done and it will be worth it

asee_zpsfc0c83f7.jpg

wo4_zps8ef35450.jpg

gave her a little scrub

akjes_zpse8b3afc9.jpg

I even took a couple Busta Nut style pics....................

aeofj_zps2d2aff28.jpg

wieghqr_zps64dc8f55.jpg

:rofl: :rofl:

Thats pretty much it for now im going down friday morning to start sanding then i will have to ask a few locos for a hand to get the engine bay done in a weekend so the engine and tranny can finally go in

• Like 5

yes sir she is getting some love. Do you have any old pics of her in action? I was chattin a bit with indy510 yesterday and were talkin about old pics weve seen of her. did you used to have a pic at the bottom of your posts with her goin a  bit sideway around a turn and it said l20b efi equipped or something?

Got busy yesterday...........

kjvyu_zpsa4a294aa.jpg

hfxjt_zps7ccdca0d.jpg

hezet_zps309941c9.jpg

put some primer down

hghgutc_zps5036feb6.jpg

after a little wet sanding.......

kyut_zps5acaf328.jpg

not perfect but i like alot better than what it was.....no offence HRH but my chick wasnt a fan either and shes gotta like it if shes gona be driving it

after canby the engine bay will get the full treatment..

• Like 2