A new one followed me home

powerbench

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I need more than soap....Nothing like the smell of mouse piss to get you excited to tear it apart......all the rear plastic is there, two very small cracks at the bottom of the lip....crack free dash pad....spare dash, nice glove box door   90 percent of the glass is good ...2 very reapirable doors , a ton of small bits...I just wish it had the core support i need

...Nothing like the smell of mouse piss to get you excited to tear it apart.....

Ah... the smell of motivation! 

Looks reasonably solid other than that big hole in the passenger's side foot well along the rocker. (Is that a hole I'm seeing? Looks that way in the pic.) 

Ya it might look ok on the outside , but Fred Flinstone himself would avoid the car.....the only thing holding whats left of the floor is the tar floor sound deadner...I think the doors are pretty good except for the typical rust on the  middle of the door(weird)..I'm gonna try to save as much as i can

Before:

P2080750.jpg

After:

P5280895.jpg

New sheet metal floors and POR15, set me back $700.00 for the floor restoration.

Perhaps something to consider, just getting harder to find a rebuild-able uni-body 1200. I realize, I have no idea what the front of the car looks like, not a good core support at least.

• Like 2

Any chance you would be willing to sell the glove box door?

Just bought a 1200 a couple weeks ago. In pretty good shape.  almost all original and 95% there. Found it in Oakland.  It's just like the one I bought as my first car in 1986 when I graduated high school.  Plan on restoring it completely. 

• 5 months later...

If you stumble across 620 pick-up, the "vent push" knob is the same, and the hood latch assembly and the hood release assembly that bolts to the left kick panel, they will work for replacement parts on a 1200.