DINKY TUGGER

The L block will fit, but it is very tight, so far I cannot recall if anyone has had a heater in an L block converted 320 with the radiator in the front.

You will likely have to use an electric fan, I am not a big fan of them, but not sure you will have a choice, lucky for you that you have the 65, as the tunnel is taller, but the shifter will not come out the stock hole.

I don't think I could handle the wiring for that, but an l20 yes I have motor and transmission I'm gunna set in and fet some idears yes idears

• Like 1
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can put tw0 10 inch fans on front of radiator I'm gunna throw l20 motor and 4 speed transmission in and see what kind of mounts need to be made and where they need to be moved to and figure out transmission mounts, cool thing is my trucks body mounts and cab mounts aren't bolted yet so me and few buds have taken cab off several times so I can get a much easier look at mounts

I was wondering about the driveline from the 320 and stocjk ear end will the rear end hold up is it the same as datsun 620 rear end ? And will my driveline splines or whatever line up and fit in 4 speed transmission, I know I might have to have it shortened or lengthened bt it would be cool if I could use those , any tips on what to do about driveline situation with stock 320 rear end and 4 speed datsun BBC 620 tranhy with l20b

The rearend is a H190, it will hold up to the L block, Eric uses the 320 gears for drag racing, he has a fully built LZ23, he is almost to 100mph in the quarter mile.

Yes the driveline will need to be a custom length, and the yoke on the L block transmission is the same from 1966 through 1984, but the axles on the 320 are different than the 520 on, so if you want different gearing in the future, you will need to switch out the side gears in the H190 rear end to except the 320 axle, and with an L block, you will want to change out the gears, I used 437 gears when I dropped an A series engine in my 65 320.

I can put tw0 10 inch fans on front of radiator I'm gunna throw l20 motor and 4 speed transmission in and see what kind of mounts need to be made and where they need to be moved to and figure out transmission mounts, cool thing is my trucks body mounts and cab mounts aren't bolted yet so me and few buds have taken cab off several times so I can get a much easier look at mounts

I was wondering about the driveline from the 320 and stocjk ear end will the rear end hold up is it the same as datsun 620 rear end ? And will my driveline splines or whatever line up and fit in 4 speed transmission, I know I might have to have it shortened or lengthened bt it would be cool if I could use those , any tips on what to do about driveline situation with stock 320 rear end and 4 speed datsun BBC 620 tranhy with l20b

So my 320 driveline will slide right into my datsun 620 4 speed transmission and it will bolt up to rear end the driveline just needs tonbe lengthened ? Is this correct and if I leave rear end and gears and put 4 speed and driveline on will it blow out or get me around for whiletil I get around to switchin gears

No the 320 driveline yoke will not likely slide into L block transmission, you will need to use your 320 driveline and mod the front for an L block yoke and length.

With the 488 gears, you will likely be turning about 4000rpms going about 60/65mph

So my 320 driveline will slide right into my datsun 620 4 speed transmission and it will bolt up to rear end the driveline just needs tonbe lengthened ? Is this correct and if I leave rear end and gears and put 4 speed and driveline on will it blow out or get me around for whiletil I get around to switchin gears

Are you talking about the holes in the dash/instrument cluster, the headlight, wiper, and ignition switch.

Otherwise I don't know what holes your talking about.

As u can see I need to make 4 link and bag mounts for back and add my shocks and
I'm desperately need the c unit the h unit and the other units that take up those 3 holes
Any idea what they are , where they are or how I can get em

I don't know what "C" and "H" units are.

Yes you will have to fabricate engine and transmission mounts, you are also missing your idler arm and steering column, but that might have to be custom made also, I am wondering what you are going to do about the front suspension.

As u can see I need to make 4 link and bag mounts for back and add my shocks and
I'm desperately need the c unit the h unit and the other units that take up those 3 holes
Any idea what they are , where they are or how I can get em

I have steering colum and idler arm and all tie rods and steering wheel I have all front suspension parts just missin few bolts, I will take pictures of the front a arms and bag mounts but the back Is where imost attention needed need to finish boxing up frame and ge the stel for links ,

thanks yea ill have to figure out driveline situation but ur info helps