king cab on 40s? I think so

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks jester, I will keep posting pics I will keep tellin yall to fuck off and ill build it how I want, , , and I agree with about ten things u sy truck can go wrong quick with current set up, but with the 10 acres in back of my house a track ho and time , inwill have some fun tilnit breaks

Someones got to agree with me on the statement that gettin someone else's project or rig can be a real peice of work bits and ends and jimmy rigged and not set up right or half ass or expenses spared , that kinda thing, to take something like this u can say that is iffy and dangerous and turn it into something half decent

• Like 1

Someones got to agree with me on the statement that gettin someone else's project or rig can be a real peice of work bits and ends and jimmy rigged and not set up right or half ass or expenses spared , that kinda thing, to take something like this u can say that is iffy and dangerous and turn it into something half decent

I take bad ideas and make em into functional ideas all the time !

Crazy looking project dude , all you need to do now is keep the best , junk the rest and have a good time somewhere in the middle .

Should be interesting build , you got this .

• 4 weeks later...

I took about what seemed like 3 hundred maybe more lbs of crap off this truck, cut off front u bolts with hacksaw took front blocks out, just sittin onnjacks now

I need to swap to the 40s on to my other 6 lug rims, the depth and offset of rims that 40s were on hit steering rod,,

I left the blocks in back there integrated with what the sway bay or link bar watever ud call it one on each side, nill take pictures tomorrow,

• Like 1

I'm takin body lift down to 3 inches I think that's legal in washington state , and floor will be rusted in spots so, got some metal to patchthat up and gunna cut spare mounts off parts truck and but extra 4 mounts on frame to cab and frame to bed, so Iit will be 3 imches instead of 6 not so much strain on bolts and lift and more sturdy and support this body won't go anywhere yes it will take 3 times as long to take cab off if I need but ehh

Not sure what's legal but I personally think if you can see light between the frame and the body while looking from the side then that is too much. 

The 2 inch body lift on mine is about as high as I think you would need to go. It allowed me to clock my t-case flat and my rocker protection is flush to the frame and rockers. 

You can see the 2" aluminum blocks (shiny bits near the shackles) and how the rocker protection tucks up to the body in this shot.
The rest of my lift is springs, well there is blocks in the back in this picture, but they are in the recycling pile now. 

IMG_6721_zpsd893bad6.jpg

Well cut out front u bolts and blocks were welded to spring perches and front leafs wow po was odd

So got shorter u bolts and took block out and scored 2 leaf springs from buddy that he bought with shackles to lift his toyota,

I would like to keep the 40s since dnt have funds at moment to buy more tires so I'm wondering if a 3 inch body lift would allow me to keep my 40 and not get hassled if I drive to Wal-Mart or costco for food every now and then or if I mame some sort of step running board to run along doors and cab to back of cab or even back tire to hide frame,, or is 6 inch legal now with washington road laws I have freind with 44s on his ford excursion full size pickup this things has huge body and suspension lift and has never been messed with once , of course his is not a 40 yr old rust machine lol .... I won't be flexing much if any I'm not a hard core wheeler or climber just a mud flingin every now and then

Well cut out front u bolts and blocks were welded to spring perches and front leafs wow po was odd

So got shorter u bolts and took block out and scored 2 leaf springs from buddy that he bought with shackles to lift his toyota,

I would like to keep the 40s since dnt have funds at moment to buy more tires so I'm wondering if a 3 inch body lift would allow me to keep my 40 and not get hassled if I drive to Wal-Mart or costco for food every now and then or if I mame some sort of step running board to run along doors and cab to back of cab or even back tire to hide frame,, or is 6 inch legal now with washington road laws I have freind with 44s on his ford excursion full size pickup this things has huge body and suspension lift and has never been messed with once , of course his is not a 40 yr old rust machine lol .... I won't be flexing much if any I'm not a hard core wheeler or climber just a mud flingin every now and then

You just need mudflaps and that will keep them from hassling you for the most part. Well that and have all your lights functioning correctly. 

Rear mudflaps are required. Just make sure they cover the tire across the tread and down just below the center line. 

Here is how I did mine if it helps, your 40"s may require a bigger flap :lol: 

Finally got harassed about my tiny mud flaps. I think this should do the trick.

IMG_9089_zps82fc0f65.jpg

IMG_9090_zps2b7d0920.jpg

IMG_9121_zps45a91a7d.jpg

IMG_9123_zpsae35994d.jpg

Do these mudflaps make my ass look fat? 

IMG_9128_zps061d8503.jpg

They slide into the stock cross member, using a ratchet strap to hold them in until I can get some holes drilled for the pins I picked up.

IMG_9130_zps5f56ac18.jpg

Now I've cut the cross member off that they sleeved into and have to come up with another mounting system. 

• 10 months later...

Well this frame and running gear is in my driveway,cab and bed are off I wanted to Bob the frame shorten it massively length wise and width and cut out some major crap and make the frame the size of a mini cooper essentially just enough room for motor Trans and what not

I want to remove rear and front windshields and cut about a foot or two right off this middle of this fucker and weld back together and make a super small mini 620 4x4

I've already got rubber window sealing off and going to take some pictures and measurements and start CUTTING,I'm talking about the hood the bumper the core support the bed it's all going to minimized severely

Some of you are thinking wtf am I smoking haha,well this will either work or not wither way it's a scrap pile to Me so if i can make something unique and sweet