Will 620 dog bones fit 521?

Dalesun

I have some play in my king pins. Instead of replacing them I though about just swapping 620 dog bones on there. To me it would be easier than replacing king pins. Found a thread from back in 07 but the guy never posted if it worked out or not. Want to know if this can be done and if anyone has done it before.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To do that, you're taking the king pins out, and would still have slop.

King pin kit, $30 on eBay.

$80 for machine shop to ream the bushings.

3 or 4 hours of your own labor.

That's if they even swap over.

I think k the earliest of 620s was the same size as a 521. All the rest are different.

Contact mklotz. He has talked about this a lot.

Was wanting to swap over everything atached to the 620 dogbone. King pins, hub, bearing, brakes. I know the wheel cylinders are metric and would need adapters. I have a pair from a 72 620 and it would be for my 71 521. Just wanting to know if the 620 dogbones would bolt into the 521 upper and lower control arms. Or if the 620 upper and lowers will bolt onto the 521 frame so I wouldnt have to deal with the lower fluction pins. Ive ordered that ebay kit from Singapore and they came with rust on them that was more than just surface rust.