Anyone done business with...

Wizeguy9999

Has anyone ever bought stuff from a Mike Harrow in Riverside, CA? If you have could you PM me your impressions. I'd prefer nobody respond to the thread directly, because their could be tons of good experiences, but one person could feel they had a bad experience and just take over a thread and it could hurt reputations. This is just for me, so please just PMs.

To this point he's been very friendly and responsive in coming to a deal, just want to feel a little more comfortable before sending money to someone I've never met in person.

Thanks!

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Use something like Paypal so if you have a disagreement a third party can get involved over a dispute. I believe money can be returned if a dispute is successful. There are time sensitive limits to registering a dispute so don't let the seller push you past this with empty promises like 'sorry I was out of town, will send tomorrow'. If he runs out the clock you are screwed.

• Like 2

Also of note Mike, this was in an email I got from paypal.

And last but not least, you'll see some updates to our User Agreement that go into effect November 18, 2014. If you're interested in all the details, take a look at our Policy Updates Page. Here are the highlights:

• We're increasing the time for buyers to file merchandise disputes (Item Not Received and Significantly Not as Described) from 45 days to 180 days.

• We're extending buyer protection to include item not received claims for custom made products.

• Because PayPal Seller Protection and Buyer Protection policies may vary from country to country, we're adding language to clarify which country's policy applies when a seller makes a sale to a buyer outside of the U.S.

The main point being that disputes can be filed up to 180 days afterwards instead of 45.

• Like 1