71 510 Hitomi

earlyvws

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought I read that the barrels would be spun aluminum giving the room for larger calipers. I could be wrong.

http://www.arayawheels.com

Nice Wheels! I sold some 14x7 SSR Jilbas to a guy from San Diego who is having them rebarreled to 15x9j/10.5j with big negative offsets, he uses the same guy ^^^ as well as his whole crew. He said he has big brakes and can't run 14's... Supposed to be around $400 per wheel, but I think that's blasted and PC'ed centers and shiny new barrels with any width/offset. I have an identical set of Phantoms I need to sell, but never get around to. Really dig this and your older/truck builds, you get shit done!

image_zps98864fc0.jpg

Rebarreled 15"&wide

image_zps516fb071.jpg

Which is not to say 14x6.5j can't look Awesome too!

yeah that was the price i heard from a local person. i meant to say have them turned into 15" and the spun aluminium is supposed to give enough room for big brakes.

i really like the green one you posted. i'm not against the 14" rim. i had been watching this set on ebay for a while but couldnt decide whether i wanted 14" or not. Auction was ending so I pulled the trigger. I was checking a site of pics of jdm rims and all the ones I liked turn out to be damn expensive. My first choice was the sakura but found out how hard that would be the second and third was a toss up between these and the other ones that are similar made by ssr. So these came up and I jumped in not knowing how its going to work out.

I thought I was going to finish the quarter panel tonight. But discovered I made a mistake. Didn't pay attention to what I was doing last week when all the chit chatty asshole friends of mine were here.

32276833-E0A6-4F83-BD0E-4B9400E2494D.jpg

This area needed to be pulled out but of course it just made it fit.

4602E032-EC31-4BBB-A38E-21AC5C339901.jpg

So more work for tomorrow.

• Like 3

Yes George the monster sized Red Bull is awesome. Besides when u come by I get to bounce ideas and shop talk so I learn something.

Ray I don't know about that. I went for a different 510 and this one was also for sale. He mentioned it to me on our conversations but the price was higher then I wanted to spend at the time. But after seeing the other one he had I felt saving money was not the better option.

• Like 1

Awesome. Just so you know. I do this shit for 3 reasons. 1 love the cars 2 love building/ fabbing 3 the most important the people.

It is fun to have a car you want. Enjoy it by yourself. But the most enjoyment is having other people around to share the experience. I try to help others out any way I can. I know not everyone has the same level of experience but when you can access someone else's talents everyone wins.

I have friends that can't do anything but have nice cars that join up with us for cruises etc. then I have friends that their metal/ fab and paint and body are the best there is. I personally don't care about how good or bad someone is at building. I just happy they are involved.

• Like 6

Awesome. Just so you know. I do this shit for 3 reasons. 1 love the cars 2 love building/ fabbing 3 the most important the people.

It is fun to have a car you want. Enjoy it by yourself. But the most enjoyment is having other people around to share the experience. I try to help others out any way I can. I know not everyone has the same level of experience but when you can access someone else's talents everyone wins.

I have friends that can't do anything but have nice cars that join up with us for cruises etc. then I have friends that their metal/ fab and paint and body are the best there is. I personally don't care about how good or bad someone is at building. I just happy they are involved.

Thats so sweet.