71 510 Hitomi

earlyvws

Well you don't have a 280ZX strut. That would be a vented rotor.

I'm thinking maybe a 610 strut (the one with the smaller spring) or maybe B210 or 210? The '68-'73 510, '74-'75 B210 & '73 610 all used the same rotor. later 610 & 710 had the same rotor diameter with a different bolt circle.

I really don't know what you have other than it is not a 280ZX strut.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been thinking of running for governor. My platform consists of only 1 agenda. Racetracks. We need a racetrack within 50 miles of every city. Imagine the jobs that will be created. And then we need more tech schools. More on fab and welding. Not everyone needs/ wants to go to college. Imagine CA the car Capitol of the world again.

• Like 4

I had mismatched struts on my wagon. I think I determined one was from a 610. But both had round top hats. 610s may have had both styles over the years, and my determination could have been wrong as well, but I think B210 has won my vote. They had triangle tops.

So at this point I don't know what I have for struts. Going to have to look for those 280 zx ones I guess. There is a wanted ad on CL so I'm not the only one looking around here.

Off to a pretty good start on the body parts. I don't know why but almost every car I have done this kind of work to has panels where the previous work consisted of bondo over dents. Dents that even the most basic skill could pop out. Same for these. Got more to go on them but this took all night to get to here.

99A51453-11C3-42B4-8E8D-5618056F7913.jpg

• Like 4

So this is where this car

Great progress man.....no BSing around :thumbup:

I was going up to buy a different 510 from him but this one was more what I was looking for. I had trouble finding one like this. So my plan was to start buying some of the cool expensive parts now and find the 520 later. I started with the tail lights. I bought these weeks before the 510. Ironically they just got here.

61182ACD-BC7A-4D3C-8A5B-61B2AAC7D6F2.jpg

My goal is to have it bee a very Japanese car, not

sure what that style would be called. But I am really liking how different the car can be. Just bought the rims. Hopefully they actually show up. Post pics when they do.

I started working on the quarter panel but been side tracked getting a whole bunch of stuff sold.

• Like 2