I need help with my SR20 coil pack swap.

paradime

OK, I have to admit, I'm in over my head.

Here's the deal guys. I am legally blind, but somehow I built a Datsun 510 autocross car with an SR20DET, GT3071R, 14 psi. It ran like an animal for about two years, but my brother finally blew the stock head gasket and I replaced it with a Tomey. [/size]

While doing this work I decided to swap the stock coil set up with LS2 coil packs. I used the stock coil harness, and followed swap threads for wiring. I am getting ground for the low-voltage trigger from the bypassed igniter chip plug ground that goes to the ECU. I should also mention I am running a Link G4 standalone. At this point, I have spark, but the engine will not start. I have checked to confirm spark, the CAS is installed correctly, the low-voltage trigger wires are soldered in correct sequence, and I have 40 psi showing on the fuel regulator. [/size]

When the engine turns over I am getting absolutely no firing on any cylinder. I do not have a PC connected to the ECU, so I have been unable to check for faults or run any diagnostic. Given my vision issues I am not confidentable enough to start digging any deeper on my own. Electrical is not my strong suite and I don't want to F shit up, so I'm looking for help guys. [/size]

Anyone in the East Bay willing to come over and give me a hand? 

Thanks,

Ron M.   aka Paradime. 

sizedSTRIPS.jpg

CAM000231.jpg

http://the510realm.c...php?f=3&t=15379

http://youtu.be/H4rYbyudrhA?t=55s
user_online.gif report.gif  

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic