Kalani's '72 DIME

Kalani

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sooo many dabs lol. I was bummed and unmotivated but these shiny parts are stokin me out!! Im painting EVERYTHING silver. ("cast aluminum" on the can).

IMG_3443_zpscac08e7b.jpg

Set up shop in my basement. The weather has been blowing but my grandparents are cool :thumbup:

IMG_3439_zps1d12f1b4.jpg

• Like 4

freetheoranges (brian) digs the "patina" but it just looks like a rusty piece of shit to me haha Id rather it be painted. It had a decentdent it it that I bent and hammered back to normal :thumbup:

IMG_3474_zps738279b5.jpg

the sand blasting was started but we ran out of sand...for now

IMG_3473_zps1484ef11.jpg

• Like 3

For your struts and cutting that spring perch or whatever off, it's easier to use a sawzall and go right above where it's welded to the strut. Go through until you see dirt all the way around. Easy. Took me no less than 5 minutes for both sides

killer thanks for the tip!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just seeing what was going on with my floors and thinking as to what im going to do. i was going to por15 it because I saw a bunch of others doing it but I was recommended to soak the floor in "prep and etch" by an electrician from work who does this shit all the time so I am considering it. Since I am a first timer, I have no idea.

Busta Nut's solution to the fuckin rat i noticed living in the dime hahah :devil:

IMG_3806_zpsc3655437.jpg

The one cut in the door panel is the only imperfection on all four so Im stoked!!

IMG_3805_zps6a533fa4.jpg

• Like 2

Datsun Time.....

Got Kalani's engine to T&G Machine for a second opinion....

.....they confirmed my thoughts.....very minor pitting is at the bottom of the travel on #3....

..becuz it's at the bottom....a little moar honing and we should be good :thumbup:

Suspension should be back together this Saturday so we can push it around for the BBQ the following Saturday B)

.....rolling shell with shortened struts...MR2 inserts...brand new front end and bushings!!!!!

IMG_9674_zpsf047cab6.jpg

IMG_9677_zpsb60fdf1d.jpg

.......stay tuned.....

• Like 2