Datsun Bluebird 610 grilles

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#21 mikko1200

mikko1200

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Cars:1200-LB110, 120Y-LB210, 100A-LE10, 160J-JPL710, 180B SSS HT-KPL610, 1600-PL510

Posted 27 September 2008 - 10:27 AM

I promised to take some pics, so here they are. First showing facelift sedan grille (car is one of my parts donors) and second facelift SSS Hardtop grille. It's like JDM grille but no "B"-badge and instead of "SSS" it says "Datsun". (Maybe not the best picture but car was in a tight place.)
BTW, like Bonvo, I'm going to keep facelift grille & fenders. I'm going to use that JDM SSS grille.

Posted Image

Posted Image
1200-LB110, 120Y-LB210, 100A-LE10, 160J-JPL710, 180B SSS HT-KPL610, 1600-PL510, F-10 Sports Hatchback-KPLF10 etc...

#22 bonvo

bonvo

Dr. Frankenstein

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,784 posts
  • Cars:73 datsun 610(the zombie 610) 56 chevy 3600 77 620 kc 03 se-r

Posted 27 September 2008 - 11:22 AM

do you have a spare of the sss grill?

the first rule of Ratsun is you don't talk about Ratsun... no wait thats fight club.....

....the first rule of Ratsun is PICS OR BAN! :fu:

http://community.rat...on-resurection/
http://www.build-thr...1/#comment-5259

http://community.rat...-bought-a-what/

its like pikachu cuz its always his go to, the ol relaiable, looks cute kicks ass on the reg. and the 610 is charizard.... when ya really need to lay down some shit. lol - skib

#23 Guest_jaimesix_*

Guest_jaimesix_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 November 2008 - 11:48 AM

Hi....

Here another grille, hope you guys help me identify these.
Posted Image

Cool, I scored one of these grilles at e/bay. It is complete, no cracks, jjst a bit discolored. A good paint job will bring it back to glory.:)

Here we can see a Datsun Bluebirdstation wagon. This is a unique grille, never seen anything like this in US nor anywhere else but in Japan.
Posted Image
A look at the rear of this cool JDM Datsun Bluebird
Posted Image

I have to check my records and straighten it out.

OK Datsun Bluebird 610 "Ologists ...let's get busy identifying these grilles.

Jaime.________________________________________________________

I am on the hunt for this grille, this one is a winner, very exclusive, never seen it before here nor around the world.:eek:

#24 zerow

zerow

Sarge

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts
  • Cars:1973 Datsun 610 Sedan, 2000 Toyota Corolla (parts delivery)

Posted 24 November 2008 - 09:49 PM

Cool, I scored one of these grilles at e/bay. It is complete, no cracks, jjst a bit discolored. A good paint job will bring it back to glory.:)

I am on the hunt for this grille, this one is a winner, very exclusive, never seen it before here nor around the world.:eek:

That grille will look great on your coupe!
Posted Image

I saw three of these parked outside the local Starbucks this morning, which tells me only one thing. There's too many self indulgent wieners in this city with too much bloody money. Now, if I was driving a 1973 610 four-door...
You would not be a self indulgent wiener, sir. You'd be a connoisseur.
Precisely. Champagne would fall from the heavens. Doors would open. Velvet ropes would part.
Drive a DATSUN, Then Decide.

My Project
How To: SU Air Cleaners
How To: L4N71B into Early 10 Series
How To: 610 Heater Box Rebuild

#25 Guest_jaimesix_*

Guest_jaimesix_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 November 2008 - 02:04 PM

That grille will look great on your coupe!

I agree, but I still like the one I already have ready for my car, the sedan grille ( like yours ). I will make the sedan grille the maiden grille for the maiden voyage!!!

The coupe grille will have to be painted , that will be done later on. Yet it is great to have an option, once ready, I am one of those guys who wakes up one day and decides to change grilles just for fun.

About the wagon grille on previous photos, a friend of mine tells me that the aforementioned grille was used in Japan ( JDM ) for the lesser fancy Datsun 610 BlueBird models. It was a metal grille, not a plastic one.

Even if it was meant to be a lower class 610 grille, it's condition of exclusivity and it's uniqueness, at least outside Japan, makes it a very much coveted item for any Datsun conosseur, much more a Datsun Bluebird 610/180B guy!

Happy Thanks Giving!!!

#26 Pedro

Pedro

• PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 02:36 AM

http://page.auctions...ction/118436407

#27 Guest_jaimesix_*

Guest_jaimesix_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 November 2008 - 01:33 PM

That is a nice grille. I got the 2 grilles I like the most so far. This one is fine, hope some 610 fan get's it.

I would like to get the one the marroon Blue Bird Station Wagon has, that one is really exclusive, at least for all of us living outside of Japan.:)

Thanks for showing this link.

Jaime/________________________________________________________

#28 Guest_jaimesix_*

Guest_jaimesix_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 March 2009 - 11:19 PM

Hi.
Here we can see a Datsun Bluebirdstation wagon. This is a unique grille, never seen anything like this in US nor anywhere else but in Japan.
Posted Image
A look at the rear of this cool JDM Datsun Bluebird
Posted Image

I have to check my records and straighten it out.

OK Datsun Bluebird 610 "Ologists ...let's get busy identifying these grilles.

Last Sunday at Sears Datsun meet I checked Zerows' cool brochure, which shows this grille was the basic grille in Japan. The economy model Datsun 610 used this grille. It is very nice looking, and it is specially nice because it is seldon seen.

BTW, at e/bay, there is an SSS grille for sale. A little pricy, and with my 610 project going on right now, I have no budget for it.

Check it our guys:

http://cgi.ebay.com/...rts_Accessories

#29 zerow

zerow

Sarge

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 07:51 PM

Last Sunday at Sears Datsun meet I checked Zerows' cool brochure, which shows this grille was the basic grille in Japan. The economy model Datsun 610 used this grille. It is very nice looking, and it is specially nice because it is seldon seen.

BTW, at e/bay, there is an SSS grille for sale. A little pricy, and with my 610 project going on right now, I have no budget for it.

Check it our guys:

Thats a great deal! This guy usually sends stuff in NOS packaging (I've bought from him before, very prompt). I have the grille that I want, this does me no good (read: no competition from zerow)
Posted Image

I saw three of these parked outside the local Starbucks this morning, which tells me only one thing. There's too many self indulgent wieners in this city with too much bloody money. Now, if I was driving a 1973 610 four-door...
Precisely. Champagne would fall from the heavens. Doors would open. Velvet ropes would part.

My Project

#30 bonvo

bonvo

Dr. Frankenstein

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,784 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 10:33 PM

if i had a spare 200 i would :(

the first rule of Ratsun is you don't talk about Ratsun... no wait thats fight club.....

its like pikachu cuz its always his go to, the ol relaiable, looks cute kicks ass on the reg. and the 610 is charizard.... when ya really need to lay down some shit. lol - skib

#31 zerow

zerow

Sarge

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 09:49 PM

PRICE DROP!!!!
Posted Image

My Project

#32 Guest_jaimesix_*

Guest_jaimesix_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 March 2009 - 10:05 PM

PRICE DROP!!!!

That same seller offers a Datsun 710 grille. I made an offer on it, but he told me he can not ship any grilles to the US because of size constraints.

What is up with world delivery?? I had a lot of grille deals going south because of shipping problems.

A grille is light. People import cars, refrigerators, construction ,materials, you name it, and these shipping companies cry foul for a plastic grille???:blink:

Jaime.____________________________________________________

#33 zerow

zerow

Sarge

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 09:23 PM

A grille is light. People import cars, refrigerators, construction ,materials, you name it, and these shipping companies cry foul for a plastic grille???:blink:

Jaime.____________________________________________________

Wanna know why? Grilles are very expensive pieces compared to their weight. i.e. construction materials can be any size they want, but the larger stuff can be dropped anywhere, and really no major loss/damage. If some shipping company had to babysit the grille all the way from half a world away, the shipper will likely kick it a few times for the heartache it gave. Not a risk worth taking, unless someone were to buy both grilles and have them packed together... A larger, more well padded container/box, and less risk.
Posted Image

My Project

#34 Guest_jaimesix_*

Guest_jaimesix_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 March 2009 - 12:18 AM

Wanna know why? Grilles are very expensive pieces compared to their weight. i.e. construction materials can be any size they want, but the larger stuff can be dropped anywhere, and really no major loss/damage. If some shipping company had to babysit the grille all the way from half a world away, the shipper will likely kick it a few times for the heartache it gave. Not a risk worth taking, unless someone were to buy both grilles and have them packed together... A larger, more well padded container/box, and less risk.

Yes, that sucks. I understand.

There is a lot of good stuff that can not be shipped :mad:

Well, changing gears, since this is the Datsun Bluebird 610 grille thread, I want to post the grilles I have currently for my ride.

This is my favorite grille, actually I am close on both these griles, but this one has the advantage of being in "A" shape. Interestingly enough, I got this grille from down under, and it cost only 65 US for shipping, via air mail!. Since then, I have not been able to purchase any more grilles from AU... air nor sea....weird.

Posted Image

This is a second kind of grille I got. Got it here in US. Needs some re-finishing, but it is solid, one pice, not cracked at all. "C" condition due to the aged finish. After some re-finishing it will become "A" condition:)

Posted Image

Please post your current grilles, or your favorite grilles. It is cool to see how many different grilles the Bluebird 610 has available!!!!
Jaime._______________________________________________________

#35 THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX 710

THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX 710

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 12:35 AM

This is a perfect condition 73 grille that i have it was for my 73 610 2dr but sold the car to BONVO nice to have:p
Posted Image
Posted Image

#36 zerow

zerow

Sarge

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 03:20 PM

This is a perfect condition 73 grille that i have it was for my 73 610 2dr but sold the car to BONVO nice to have:p
Posted Image
Posted Image

So, is it a garage ornament, or is it for sale?
Posted Image

My Project

#37 THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX 710

THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX 710

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 12:30 AM

Sorry not for sale im going to keep it for the next 610.

#38 bonvo

bonvo

Dr. Frankenstein

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,784 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 01:57 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image

and i thought the one that came with the car was in good shape :eek: and thanks again for selling it to me man it really does mean alot

#39 zerow

zerow

Sarge

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 07:12 AM

Sorry not for sale im going to keep it for the next 610.

No problem, I just had to ask.

Good plan. I always stockpile stuff before I buy the next project. It keeps my focus strong, and I see the parts ready to remind me about it.
Posted Image

My Project