Is 620 Hood Latch massively interchangeable?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

By part number the 620 hood set up through January '75 model year is the same as the PL510 and the 1200.

The 620 hood hinge from February on is only for the 620.

The B-210 Secondary latch is totally different with a horizontal release lever.  The 620's lever lifts up somewhat like the 610 and 710.

Not saying these won't work, maybe they could work, but as to being the exact same part only the 510 and 1200 are. 

I don't know what's different about the '75. It's the same truck so it probably will work if you change the whole thing. The biggest difference on the '75 and up is the rad support is indented to allow a thicker rad. This may leave less room for the latch.??

• 4 weeks later...

This is weird.  CarPartsManual.com shows 65601-B6425 for Feb 1975 and newer.  Other Nissan parts sites also show this same number for the 720 up to 1986.

However, what is the part number for the earlier 620?  Is there one part number?

I found a local 86 720 latch but I'm in NV and my truck is in PA so I can't tell if it will fit.  I don't have a pic of the one that I need so I have no idea what to do.

I don't have a pic of the one that I need so I have no idea what to do.

I have at least one extra hood latch laying around, if you are having trouble finding one let me know.

I have the receiver portion of the hood latch that is a 1975 model, I can send you a photo if you are interested I also have the hood hinges for sale off the same truck.

PM if interested.

? sounds to me like at least one of these guys gots you covered.

There is also a member Tdaaj on here that has literally tons of 620 parts and i am positive he ships.

http://community.ratsun.net/user/37-tdaaj/

I wouldn't be surprised if any 620 and 720 latch would interchange.  But the only way to be sure is to get a latch from a 1974.  And earlier would probably be OK too.

I tried using the reverse part number lookup from some sites but they do not have that info for the hood latch.

I need to find a 74 being parted out since I need a bunch of parts besides this latch.

Researching the 65601-B5000 and found one reference for the Sunny Truck from 75 to 89:  http://jp-carparts.com/nissan/part_detail.php?maker=nissan&type=12&cartype=2&fig=H6306&part=65601B5000&page=1&img=H6306001

NOTE:  The 720 hood latch is two part numbers (the above #'s are set of both parts):  a ...-04W00 male and the ...- H3500 female  Who knows, this could be the B5000 kit.  But the B5000 is a bad part number on NissanPartsZone.com

BASIC QUESTION:  Will a 720 hood latch work on my pre-75 620?