320 motor mounts

Beer Snob

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah Wayno it is, although one of my parts trucks mounts also just fell in half when I pulled the 1200 out so if I can find some again on ebay I might grab a couple sets. I know they exist out of Thailand or Singapore or Australia or somewere I just have to track em down. Any way my response times here on the ol web might be slow my computer took a dump so I half to use a freinds down the road. But thanks if anyone spots what im lookin for. Go Seahawks!

• 3 weeks later...

Beer Snob,

This is the Ebay seller that you are looking for:

http://tinyurl.com/nntslm8

He doesn't currently have the mounts listed. You might contact him through Ebay and see when he'll have another run of the mounts. I bought a set about six months ago but haven't gotten them mounted yet. They look to be pretty good quality and 'Lil Truckie' up in Kansas, who has at least five 320's, swears that he's gotten only good quality stuff from this Ebay vendor. The mounts that I have look to have a bit lighter metal gage than the originals. Overall quality is pretty good. Can't vouch for the rubber compound or bond quality but these look to be mostly under compression in their application, so we'll see about the service life over the next couple years. they'll go into my 320 early next year with the motore rebuild.

320MotorMountEbay_zpsc2b17525.jpg

And here are tha actual mounts on the patio table:

320MotorMounts_zps1ac346be.jpg

I have a web-link saved somewhere on rebuilding you own mounts but I'll have to look it up.

Later

Steve

BeerSnob,

Found the re-casting page and posted it in the 'Drivetrain' folder. Titled something like 'Recasting Motor/Trany Mounts - DIY'. Here's an alternative if you're a bit crafty and a link to the post: 

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/64490-re-casting-motortrany-mounts-diy/

Steve