My Low Mfg Inc 327 powered 1971 Datsun 521 4WD

EightyOne521

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Bro, just letting you know I haven't heard a thing from Low Jr. after over a week. From everything I've read and seen regarding him, he's become a recluse! I'll keep looking around for other avenues and keep you posted. Congrats on finding a new powerplant, where are the pics??? Hmm? Lol!

• Like 1

Brother Birdman...

Thanks for trying to contact Low... I'm hopeful we'll get in touch with him one way or another.

The engine I was supposed to pick up yesterday seems to need rebuilding... so, I'm still considering other options.

No progress this weekend on the 327 521... although I have made some purchases of misc Datsun parts that will become part of the restoration...

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...

Looking at your pics are bringing back some memories of a couple of datsun's a friend and I built in the early 80's.  I used a 307 chevy with 4 speed saginaw and we made our own adapters into land cruiser transfer case and used the land cruisers axles  Fun stuff  Also we did not cut into firewall at all

• Like 1

FYI  On the transfer case that LOW used. you stated Dana 20/300  .I can explain in 1980 Dana made a 300 T-case for the International Scout much stronger gears then the Dana 20. The Scout case is very rare and is only made one year I am told. It has the same bolt pattern as the model 20 case. The jeep 300 case is not the same as the Scout 300 so the LOW adapter will fit both Dana 20 and 300 Scott .International STOPED making the Scout in 1980 so if you got the 300 case its worth some money you can tell what you have by removing the bottom cover and look at the gears they will have a 300 on them .I have a LOW 620 with Dana 44s Scott 300 Chevy 4.3 king cab . I have the parts catalog from LOW that shows all the kits at the time .

• Like 1