body work/repair in your driveway

So I live in CA... next to a dumb broad on welfare... well I bought a sander to sand down the cracking bondo on my truck. The neighbor comes over and says I can't do it.

Anybody else have this issue? I'm searching, but so far haven't seen anything saying I can't sand my truck down in the driveway. I was finished doing what I needed to do, so it wasn't a big deal ya know... what is she going to bitch about next?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I live in CA... next to a dumb broad on welfare... well I bought a sander to sand down the cracking bondo on my truck. The neighbor comes over and says I can't do it.

Anybody else have this issue? I'm searching, but so far haven't seen anything saying I can't sand my truck down in the driveway. I was finished doing what I needed to do, so it wasn't a big deal ya know... what is she going to bitch about next?

As long as you confine your sanding to daylight hours and not between say 8PM and 6AM you should be in the clear. Yhe only other thing would require her to get a fully calibrated sound meter and proove that on her property you exceeded some OSHA decible level. Same problem of proof when your neighbor has very loud parties at 10PM. Just throw a lit pack of firecrackers over the fence and forget about calling the cops.

• Like 1

Owxi9.gif

If it's your home or you are renting and as long as there is no home owners association that doesn't allow work outside your garage.... fly at 'er.

If there's a problem mention the guy she's been living with while on welfare. If she says 'what guy I'm not living with anyone.' Say well I hope welfare figures that out.... eventually. Does she have kids? Even better.

• Like 1

If say, be courteous. She likely sees the thing much different from us. Tell her you don't think you are doing anything in violation, but understand that noise can be a bother. Ask her if there are particular times that are better than others for you to work. Like when Jerry Springer is not on. And you will try to respect it. And in return, she needs to respect that if you are working, it is because you need to work, and the time you chose was considered.

Then kick her in the teeth and pee on her!

Alpha

• Like 5

If say, be courteous. She likely sees the thing much different from us. Tell her you don't think you are doing anything in violation, but understand that noise can be a bother. Ask her if there are particular times that are better than others for you to work. Like when Jerry Springer is not on. And you will try to respect it. And in return, she needs to respect that if you are working, it is because you need to work, and the time you chose was considered.

Alpha

I think she would be more attentive to what your telling her if you started out by kicking her in the teeth,,, and working back from there.

She came over and started ranting on "you can't be doing that here... its not the place..." Then tells me her baby has been congested since I've started sanding the truck... I had sanded it for 15 minutes.

I'm going to park it on the other side of the driveway, away from her house and continue sanding. If she bitches, I'll give her the finger.

Yeah as long as you're on your property and there's no hoa and you aren't causing a noise nuisance or air pollution you're fine. Tell her to call the cops and they'll tell her the same thing I'm sure. I've heard of it happening before at least.

Just don't get caught painting without proper filtration, that'll get you a major fine

It's just a 7" rotary sander from HF. No vacuum hookup (I wish). I won't be painting it in my driveway, just sanding down the old paint so I can body work it and then send it off for paint.

Considering there is a house behind hers that just had all the concrete ripped up, I doubt the dust from me is causing any harm. I'll sand down so much, then vacuum up the dust and then proceed again.

Tell her she can't wash her car in her drive way. If she has one. "It's not the place" they build business for that shit.

Do what you what man. Fuck her. Ha. Thats your place and you've got the right to do what you feel you need done.

I don't think she knows what she's talking about.

Alpha

I start off all potential controversy with peeing on the person. All of a sudden...the sanding will not seem like that big of a deal.

There are laws on the volume of paint to be legally sprayed per day with out being in a confined spay booth. The volume is well higher than what you will be using. Call some one doing bumper repairs in your area and ask them about the laws. As far as the dust issue, you can use aircraft stripper and put the crap you scrape off on her door step.

I'm not spraying paint, well maybe some primer.

Dumb bitch started complaining because I sprayed some primer... then she told me to "not do what I am thinking. I know what you're thinking, and you better not do what you're thinking"

Then she started bitching me out because I was spraying some paint stripper  onto the top of my cab. The shit comes out in a liquid foam like texture! How are her kids getting sick from that shit? they are 50 feet away!