Wagon help!!

DatsunSwag22

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if you are asking this sort of question I have little faith in this succeeding.

all z car rear ends are wider than your car. Also you will have to figure out all our own mounting. More commonly 510 sedan rear ends are fitted to wagons. As the sheet metal lines up decently.

Yes but it was a sedan IRS swapped into a goon and as close to perfect fit there is.  An incredible amount of engineering, fabricating and work. Lots or welding. It's gets lots of kudos for the achievement but I doubt it runs much better.

swag... find a sedan IRS and bolt it in... done.

if you are asking this sort of question I have little faith in this succeeding.

all z car rear ends are wider than your car. Also you will have to figure out all our own mounting. More commonly 510 sedan rear ends are fitted to wagons. As the sheet metal lines up decently.

I'm asking cause someone told me to do the Z IRS. and i don't care if u have no Faith in it. I'm going off what I've heard. thats y I'm asking Questions. thanks for the input tho. 

Yes but it was a sedan IRS swapped into a goon and as close to perfect fit there is.  An incredible amount of engineering, fabricating and work. Lots or welding. It's gets lots of kudos for the achievement but I doubt it runs much better.

swag... find a sedan IRS and bolt it in... done.

yea i was told the 510 is the best but Z has Better Brakes. Etc. 

i weld so no Problem for me n i work at a Cnc Shop. so i should be able to Fab it up but I'm just trying to figure out if Z is the way or 510 Rear end. 

A wagon rear end would be the best. First and foremost it fits without complicated modifications whatever, and for very dubious results! There is zero chance of a butchered goon being scrapped. Second it's an H-190 which trumps the stock sedan's R160 and also the Z car's R-180 for strength. Third, the 240z's rear brakes are no better than the 510 sedan's. In fact the 240z rear brake drums will fit the 510, they're the same but with aluminum fins on them.

Welding and CNC are no grantee of, or easy success with this.

Please have the sense to read and look at this... http://community.ratsun.net/topic/13067-70-wagon-irs-swap-project/

A wagon rear end would be the best. First and foremost it fits without complicated modifications whatever, and for very dubious results! There is zero chance of a butchered goon being scrapped. Second it's an H-190 which trumps the stock sedan's R160 and also the Z car's R-180 for strength. Third, the 240z's rear brakes are no better than the 510 sedan's. In fact the 240z rear brake drums will fit the 510, they're the same but with aluminum fins on them.

Welding and CNC are no grantee of, or easy success with this.

Please have the sense to read and look at this... http://community.ratsun.net/topic/13067-70-wagon-irs-swap-project/

i know it might be the best but i just want to do IRS. 

thats all info i got from another datsun guy in So cal. 

Nothin in life is easy. even if u have done it 20 times. still a lil hard. 

I like 510s. all of them.

I seen more lost to Painless wire harness install/sr20conversions ect... . Never finnish and guy is never to be found again on any Datsun website.

My list would be huge.of people that failed.

No this is called a idiot after 20 times!!!!!!!!

We are not stopping you form building this.

You have the rear end out in a few hours and have a non runnning car taking up space for years while you figure this out but OK.

Since your motivated the rear diff should be out by 2 moro. Ok give ya till the weekend.

I like 510s. all of them.

I seen more lost to Painless wire harness install/sr20conversions ect... . Never finnish and guy is never to be found again on any Datsun website.

My list would be huge.of people that failed.

No this is called a idiot after 20 times!!!!!!!!

We are not stopping you form building this.

You have the rear end out in a few hours and have a non runnning car taking up space for years while you figure this out but OK.

Since your motivated the rear diff should be out by 2 moro. Ok give ya till the weekend.

once i get the rear end ill let u know so u can time me if thats what You'll like to do!!