Denmarks Daily Deluxe aka " DDD"

denmarkboy

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to find a set of mirrors like that for mine.

To be honest with you the number of unique things on this trucks kinda starting to freak me out a little .

I was told by the po that the door key was lost, ( big shocker ! right ! ) . Also he told me it wouldn't start , As a repair he got a new ignition switch, this didnt solve the problem . so he jimmy rigged a horn button to the starter. As i began cleaning the truck out today i found a box under the pass seat , opened it to find the original key & ignition switch ( which work fine ) but the " KEY" works both doors alsoIMAG3344_zpssmwpblue.jpgIMAG3345_zpsqwh4jtzn.jpgIMAG3346_zpsufduq9ve.jpgIMAG3347_zpskqfpbr2u.jpg

Also preparing to head to the dmv i gave the title a 2nd going over when i realized that the mileage box has correct miles in it . which means (in Oregon anyway) that this truck has been in this state it's whole life, and the previous po had to sign a form stating the actual miles every 2 years since new , if skip one you cant go back .  

• Like 1

couldn't sleep so i spent the last 5 hours searching , and here is what i found . 

In 1977 the : Li'l Hustler , Li'l Hustler stretch and the exclusive king cab  all earned their strips to be called "pizzazzy pickups".

from what i can find , this was a one year only option. Which came with he following options : dual side mirrors, side , hood , cab strips. also the wheels on these models were also painted black .

i am going to do a lot deeper search monday thru the dmv and try and trace this back to a dealer in the northwest .

if anyone has other ideas for research please let me know .

here is a brochure for the trucks , you can clearly see the similarity 

B31525_zpstq7ecyil.jpg

• Like 1

That's a bad ass truck... Good find...I'm jealous I want that center consol

Thanks , I agree , if I could find more in this shape it would make it a lot easier to put them back on the road ! I do it for the challenge of the build , but it awesome to find one that hasn't been repainted, or spray painted.

I find a lot of stuff , and just put you on the list for a console . When I come into one I'll let ya know . Any color ?

Well that was a couple of rough days , i lost a really close friend and brother from another mother . and sounds like im going to a weekend long celebration of life ,  when you least expect it life stretches out its handle and slaps you off your feet...take 2 secounds today and tell your friends they are important to you  ! !

i did try to bury my thoughts and to do a little reflecting by way of a road trip to get a motor owed me . it was worth it ! also did some bumper swapping and removing . . IMAG3404_zpsgwhwpyss.jpgIMAG3407_zpsjnnfcvbr.jpgIMAG3409_zpskapd67dk.jpgIMAG3410_zps1lirbrcc.jpgIMAG3411_zpsbj66sukj.jpgIMAG3414_zpsiyvx1vpx.jpgIMAG3417_zps1frzwxvf.jpgIMAG3422_zpstmeckv8t.jpgIMAG3423_zpsmn2lidtj.jpg

• Like 2

thanks dude , we lost one of the good ones ! sucks 

i agree on the truck , when i was in prineville oregon yesterday i tried finding the original owner but i think he passed away. the address i tracked him to was an elderly home , but they didnt have anyone there under his name .

ignore the 521 cap , i havent tracked down rings and caps yet 

IMAG3403_zpsgmvg8p3e.jpg

• Like 1